Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Diplay current time stamp in the output Post 303018996 by swets on Thursday 21st of June 2018 01:44:38 AM
Old 06-21-2018
Thanks for your reply.When I am running the script as per your code then i am getting the below output. The timestamp is showing only in one line.. can you please suggest

Code:
Current_Time_stamp,Name=XYZ,Company=Aplha,Department=Accounts,Country=Singapore,Name=MNC,Company=Beta,Department=Engineering,Country=Malta,Name=ABC,Company=Gamma,Department=Medical,Country=Sweden

I want to display the time stamp in separate lines. I need the output in this format :-

Code:
Current_Time_stamp, Name=XYZ,Company=Aplha,Department=Accounts,Country=Singapore

Current_Time_stamp, Name=MNC,Company=Beta,Department=Engineering,Country=Malta

Current_Time_stamp, Name=ABC,Company=Gamma,Department=Medical,Country=Sweden

---------- Post updated at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ----------

Please ignore my previous comments.
Your code is working . Thanks a lot Smilie

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-21-2018 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags, again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for AWK output with current time

Hi, Any suggestion to get the AWK output with time in each line ? I want to have the vmstat in solaris with time append to everyline like this: kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s3 sd in sy cs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roxy2k
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefix the current date and time to the output of ps

Hi, I need to write a script, that will take the current date, time, and the output from # ps -eo pid,tid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,psr,pcpu,stat,wchan:14,comm and spit it to a file, so it'll look like this... PID TID CLS RTPRIO NI PRI PSR %CPU STAT WCHAN COMMAND 1 1 TS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unziping to current time stamp

Basically when ever unzipping the .zip file , what ever the file exist in the .zip file with the time stamp, that is the same time stamp after unzip. But if i need the current time stamp to the unzipped file(time stamp whenever unzip process occurs ) any helpful option in unzip command ??? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip to current time stamp?

I need the current time stamp to the unzipped file , any helpful option in unzip command ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

6. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Find command output gives one day before time stamp

Hi All, I am listing the files which are 4 hours older. For this first I have creted a dummy file with the 4 hours before timestamp, then I am using the below find command, find /path/ -type f ! -newer 4_hours_oledr_file -exec ls -lrt {} \; I am getting the files which are older than... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it??

I want to find a file using find or any utility having the current date time stamp..... I have an alternate way to do that.... but that is too way out of logic... so looking out something with find itself (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current time stamp column in existing csv file

Hi , I want to add a new column 'current_time stamp' in my existing csv file with current time stamp for all the records.I tried something this but this is printing 0 with date & time and printed date one line above header.Please help awk -F "," 'BEGIN{ OFS="," } {$6=system("date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
5 Replies
DIRCOLORS(1)								FSF							      DIRCOLORS(1)

NAME
dircolors - color setup for ls SYNOPSIS
dircolors [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
Output commands to set the LS_COLORS environment variable. Determine format of output: -b, --sh, --bourne-shell output Bourne shell code to set LS_COLORS -c, --csh, --c-shell output C shell code to set LS_COLORS -p, --print-database output defaults --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If FILE is specified, read it to determine which colors to use for which file types and extensions. Otherwise, a precompiled database is used. For details on the format of these files, run `dircolors --print-database'. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for dircolors is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and dircolors programs are properly installed at your site, the command info dircolors should give you access to the complete manual. dircolors (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 DIRCOLORS(1)