Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: M5000 won't power up
Special Forums Hardware M5000 won't power up Post 303018926 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 09:01:48 AM
Old 06-19-2018
Do you have support for the M5000? I would say replacing the faulted part should be enough. You can also try to reset the fault and try again to powerup the system. But go slowly with a poweron -d 0 first and see what happens. If domain 0 is running, you can try to start domain 1.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

2. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi, I 've a fully loaded M5000 which i would like to partition in 4 domains but i have a concern that since we have only 4 internal disks how can we partition the box in for domains with 2 disks ( mirrored ) in each domain. Should i go ahead with 1 Lun from SAN and 1 internal disk for each of 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi i 've a M5000 running 2 domains in my Lab with following hardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; Memory_Size:128 GB; +-----------------------------------+------------+ | FRU | Quantity | +-----------------------------------+------------+ | MBU_B... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to start SunVTS on M5000

Please advise. Thank you bash-3.00# cd /usr/sunvts/bin/ bash-3.00# ls bios.bin iobushangscript.sh stopsunvts vtsprobe cmos.bin javabridge.jar sunlink vtsreportgenerate dispatcher loadVtsServer svmVolDiskList vtstalk env6test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

5. Hardware

Sun/Oracle M5000 Question

I have an M5K with disk issues I'm trying to troubleshoot, and it's causing me some confusion. I know the host has four on-board HDDs, but the format command's output shows c0t0d0, c0t1d0, c3t0d0, and c3t1d0. cfgadm -al shows c0t3d0 as the DVD-ROM drive, and c1 and c2 as SAN disks. Confused yet? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies

7. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
asadmin-start-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-domain, start-domain - starts the given domain SYNOPSIS
start-domain [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--verbose=false] [--debug] [domain_name] start-domain starts the specified domain. If there is only one domain in the default domain directory (install_dir/domains), then no oper- and is required to start the domain. However, if there is more than one domain, the domain operand must be specified. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain is started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --verbose by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, detailed server startup output is displayed. Press CTRL-C to kill the server. Press CTRL- to print a thread dump. --debug by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, the server is started in debug mode and prints the JPDA port on the console. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using start-domain asadmin> start-domain sampleDomain Starting Domain sampleDomain, please wait. Domain sampleDomain started Where: the sampleDomain domain is started. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)