Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed for a script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help needed for a script Post 303018919 by patitapaban on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 06:58:37 AM
Old 06-19-2018
I will share the details soon

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed

Hi I am looking for the script which can move 1month old data from a TXT file.actully in this file data is appended on daily basis.pleasehalp me out. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed

I have a code given below... ERROR=`grep "Job Status" ${LOG_FILE}` ERROR=${ERROR##*\(} ERROR=${ERROR%%\)*} if then echo "The job completed successfully" EXIT_STATUS=0 else echo "The job failed" EXIT_STATUS=1 fi can anybody tell me what is ERROR=${ERROR##*\(}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagarddd
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

script needed

hi i am new to linux world please help me,i have two files in diff location i need to compare both and i need to see difference b/w them ex /media/txt (file1) xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx /media/rev/ (file2) rev is a folder which contains some files so i need to compare the files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revenna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed!! - Please help

Hi All, I have a text file contains the follwoing info: HOST_CONFIG spbf1n01 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A HOST_CONFIG spbf1n02 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A HOST_CONFIG spbf1n03 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A Whenever the String... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed for a script!!

Hi!! Im new to shell scripting. I have an important assignment to complete in my company tomorrow. Please help me. I have to write an interactive script which does the following thing: There is a file named ""rules"in a folder say /home/f1/ . This file contains text in the form: 123 345... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul195
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in Sh script

hi, Im trying to select from a sql using shell script and once i get count i need to add the count to the subject line and send mail to every1.. ex : Select count(*) from emp; In Shell script echo $PASSWORD|$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $USERID@$DBNAME @$SCRIPT_DIR/emp_count.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in script needed

Hi, I am developing a script for writing out the failed jobs in file, 1)First step i need to create an empty file Status with today's date. 2)After that i need to execute the below command: dsjob -server servername -user uname -password pwd -ljobs projectname This will listout all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for script

Hi, I have a big list like this --> 3285 3289 328D 3291 3295 3299 329D 32A1 I need to make it like --> 3285|3289|328D|3291|3295|3299|329D|32A1 Please suggest. This is Linux OS. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed on Script

Hi team, I am looking to execute some command through xargs. $cat testfile | grep myloc alias myloc='cd /export/nfs-1sv-23/' I am trying to execute that alias as soon as i cat and grep ? I tried with $cat testfile | grep myloc | xargs --> no luck ... Can some one assist me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsme488
6 Replies
exportfs(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         exportfs(1B)

NAME
exportfs - translates exportfs options to share/unshare commands SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/exportfs [-aiuv] [-o options] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
exportfs translates SunOS 4.x exportfs options to the corresponding share/unshare options and invokes share/unshare with the translated options. With no options or arguments, exportfs invokes share to print out the list of all currently shared NFS filesystems. exportfs is the BSD/Compatibility Package command of share(1M) and unshare(1M). Use share(1M)/ unshare(1M) whenever possible. OPTIONS
-a Invokes shareall(1M), or if -u is specified, invokes unshareall(1M). -i Ignore options in /etc/dfs/dfstab. -u Invokes unshare(1M) on pathname. -v Verbose. -o options Specify a comma-separated list of optional characteristics for the filesystems being exported. exportfs translates options to share-equivalent options. (see share(1M) for information about individual options). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
share(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), unshareall(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 exportfs(1B)