Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing Comma Separated values to UNIX variable from PLSQL Post 303018911 by Mahesh3089 on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 04:38:05 AM
Old 06-19-2018
Output of the command
Code:
cat: -: Bad file descriptor
 awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: error reading input file `-': Bad file descriptor

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 06-19-2018 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting comma separated values into an array

I'm attempting to create a KSH array out of a string like this: ",,,value1,value2,," I have created the array but I only get two elements, one for value1 and one for value2. I have ended up with something like this but I don't like it: set -A JUNK xx=0 for i in $(print ",,,value1,value2,,"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmarikle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the values separated by comma

Hi, I have a variable which has a list of string separated by comma. for ex , Variable=/usr/bin,/usr/smrshbin,/tmp How can i get the values between the commas separately using shell scripts.Please help me. Thanks, Padmini. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Comma separated Arguments

Hi unix guru's I want to execute a shell script like ksh printdetails.ksh Andy,Bob,Daisy,Johnson like passing all the four names in the as the arguments and these arguments are varies between 1 to 10. How to pass these names to the shell script variable. and also i want to know the count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing comma separated file

Hi, I have a file with th elist of patches separated by comma, like below: patch1, patch 2, patch 3................ t\The number of patches is not known as it changes every time. I need assistance in writing a routine such as it will take patch1 as first variable and performs the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and filtering multiline text into comma separated line

I have a log file that contains several reports with following format. <Start of delimiter> Report1 header Report1 header continue Report1 header continue Record1 header Record1 header continue Record1 header continue field1 field2 field3 field4 ------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To agregate Comma separated values

Hi pls help me to get the code: i have a file in which content is : 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:00 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help in parsing comma separated values

hello experts, i am retrieving values in variables jobKey and jobName within my shell script. these values are returned to me within braces and i am using following command to remove those braces: jobKeys=`echo $jobKeys | sed 's:^.\(.*\).$:\1:'` jobNames=`echo $jobNames | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma separated values to individual lines

My OS : RHEL 6.7 I have a text file with comma separated values like below $ cat testString.txt 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', . . . . I want these values to appear like below 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign comma separated values to a variable

Hi All, I wrote a database command that queries our application and outputs a whole bunch of values to a text file. I need to assign the output to two values. Here is a sample of the output: valueOne, checkOne valueTwo, checkTwo valueThree, checkThree I would like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
OPANNOTATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     OPANNOTATE(1)

NAME
opannotate - produce source or assembly annotated with profile data SYNOPSIS
opannotate [ options ] [profile specification] DESCRIPTION
opannotate outputs annotated source and/or assembly from profile data of an OProfile session. See oprofile(1) for how to write profile specifications. OPTIONS
--assembly / -a Output annotated assembly. If this is combined with --source, then mixed source / assembly annotations are output. --demangle / -D none|smart|normal none: no demangling. normal: use default demangler (default) smart: use pattern-matching to make C++ symbol demangling more read- able. --exclude-dependent / -x Do not include application-specific images for libraries, kernel modules and the kernel. This option only makes sense if the profile session used --separate. --exclude-file [files] Exclude all files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --exclude-symbols / -e [symbols] Exclude all the symbols in the given comma-separated list. --help / -? / --usage Show help message. --image-path / -p [paths] Comma-separated list of additional paths to search for binaries. This is needed to find modules in kernels 2.6 and upwards. --root / -R [path] A path to a filesystem to search for additional binaries. --include-file [files] Only include files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --include-symbols / -i [symbols] Only include symbols in the given comma-separated list. --objdump-params [params] Pass the given parameters as extra values when calling objdump. --output-dir / -o [dir] Output directory. This makes opannotate output one annotated file for each source file. This option can't be used in conjunction with --assembly. --search-dirs / -d [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to search for source files. You may need to use this option when the debug information for an image contains relative paths. --base-dirs / -b [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to strip from debug source files, prior to looking for them in --search-dirs. --session-dir=dir_path Use sample database out of directory dir_path instead of the default location (/var/lib/oprofile). --source / -s Output annotated source. This requires debugging information to be available for the binaries. --threshold / -t [percentage] Only output data for symbols that have more than the given percentage of total samples. --verbose / -V [options] Give verbose debugging output. --version / -v Show version. ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by opannotate. FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/samples/ The location of the generated sample files. VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.6. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 06 July 2010 OPANNOTATE(1)