Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Bash script to check the files based up on UST time. Post 303018903 by saranath on Monday 18th of June 2018 10:57:33 PM
Old 06-18-2018
Bash script to check the files based up on UST time.

i have 3 regions like AWS,EMEA,APJ and i use to get 3 files like a,b,c files at 3 am ust for AWS region in common shared path and x,y,z files At 10 am ust for EMEA and 1,2,3,4,5 files at 11 pm UST for APJ region. In this files name wont change daily it remain same but the file name is not same for region to region and i need one script to check region wise weather all files are there or not if the files are not there it has to mail the missing file name and it should come in single script and we are using tidal to schedule the script.

Last edited by saranath; 06-19-2018 at 02:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files based on time

Hi, Whats the command for finding files older then 20mins. This has to be part of the find command as it will be part of a cleanup script. thanks Budrito (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting files based on file name and modified time

Hi, I have some log files created in the following fashion Ex: file name modified date 1) s.log1 01-jan-08 2) s.log2 02-jan-08 3) s.log3 03-jan-08 4) s.log4 04-jan-08 Now I want to have the latest 2 logs and delete the others. Can you tell me the one liner /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for files based on the time stamp

Hi All, I know the timestamp of a file. Now i would like to list all the files in the with the same time stamp in the same file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. sunny (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_03
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving the files based on count and time.

Hi, I have a requirement ,let us say 1000 files needs to be transferred in an hour from one path to another path and if the files (1000 files) are transferred within an hour ( say 40 mins), then the process should remain idle for the remaining time ( 20 mins). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asaikarthik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check files updation in sys time

Dear All, Pls help me on this issue. i want to write a script to check whether files updation happening in cuttent time or not. i have set of files in directory which wil update in time basis.. Requirement: If the files are updating in system time i just want to print "files are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to create txt files based on timestamp

Hi , please guide me for a bash script that will create a txt files and the name of the txt files will be as of timestamp so that each file name will be different from other and these files will be get created say after every 10 minutes in a folder(/home/p2000/sxs137), please guide me how would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nks342
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if two files exists at the same time in one location

Hi friends, I am trying to check if the two files i am expecting are created in a specific location. if both files does not exist, do an echo if -a ]; then echo "files not found" fi It gives me the following message: bash: Please help! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using bash to separate files files based on parts of a filename

Hey guys, Sorry for the basic question but I have a lot of files that I want to separate into groups based on filenames which I can then cat together. Eg I have: (a_b_c.txt) WB34_2_SLA8.txt WB34_1_SLA8.txt WB34_1_DB10.txt WB34_2_DB10.txt WB34_1_SLA8.txt WB34_2_SLA8.txt 77_1_SLA8.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breentax
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segregate files based on the time they are created

Hi All, I have scenario where I need to zip huge number of DB audit log files newer than 90 days and delete anything older than that. If the files are too huge in number,zipping will take long time and causing CPU spikes. To avoid this I wanted to segregate files based on how old they are and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for check files

I created this script for check whether specific files exist or not in the given location. but when I run this its always showing Failed - Flag_lms_device_info_20160628.txt do not exist Failed - Flag_lms_weekly_usage_info_20160628.txt do not exist but both files are existing. appreciate help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lfreez
2 Replies
LTTNG-UST(3)															      LTTNG-UST(3)

NAME
lttng-ust -- Linux Trace Toolkit Next Generation User-Space Tracer SYNOPSIS
Link liblttng-ust.so with applications, following this manpage. DESCRIPTION
LTTng-UST, the Linux Trace Toolkit Next Generation Userspace Tracer, is port of the low-overhead tracing capabilities of the LTTng kernel tracer to user-space. The library "liblttng-ust" enables tracing of applications and libraries. USAGE
The simple way to generate the lttng-ust tracepoint probes is to use the lttng-gen-tp(1) tool. See the lttng-gen-tp(1) manpage for explana- tion. Here is the way to do it manually, without the lttng-gen-tp(1) helper script, through an example: CREATION OF TRACEPOINT PROVIDER
To create a tracepoint provider, within a build tree similar to examples/easy-ust installed with lttng-ust documentation, a sample_component_provider.h for the general layout. This manpage will focus on the various types that can be recorded into a trace event: TRACEPOINT_EVENT( /* * provider name, not a variable but a string starting with a * letter and containing either letters, numbers or underscores. * Needs to be the same as TRACEPOINT_PROVIDER. Needs to * follow the namespacing guide-lines in lttng/tracepoint.h: * * Must be included before include tracepoint provider * ex.: project_event * ex.: project_component_event * * Optional company name goes here * ex.: com_efficios_project_component_event * * In this example, "sample" is the project, and "component" is the * component. */ sample_component, /* * tracepoint name, same format as sample provider. Does not * need to be declared before. in this case the name is * "message" */ message, /* * TP_ARGS macro contains the arguments passed for the tracepoint * it is in the following format * TP_ARGS(type1, name1, type2, name2, ... type10, name10) * where there can be from zero to ten elements. * typeN is the datatype, such as int, struct or double **. * name is the variable name (in "int myInt" the name would be * myint) * TP_ARGS() is valid to mean no arguments * TP_ARGS(void) is valid too */ TP_ARGS(int, anint, int, netint, long *, values, char *, text, size_t, textlen, double, doublearg, float, floatarg), /* * TP_FIELDS describes how to write the fields of the trace event. * You can put expressions in the "argument expression" area, * typically using the input arguments from TP_ARGS. */ TP_FIELDS( /* * ctf_integer: standard integer field. * args: (type, field name, argument expression) */ ctf_integer(int, intfield, anint) ctf_integer(long, longfield, anint) /* * ctf_integer_hex: integer field printed as hexadecimal. * args: (type, field name, argument expression) */ ctf_integer_hex(int, intfield2, anint) /* * ctf_integer_network: integer field in network byte * order. (_hex: printed as hexadecimal too) * args: (type, field name, argument expression) */ ctf_integer_network(int, netintfield, netint) ctf_integer_network_hex(int, netintfieldhex, netint) /* * ctf_array: a statically-sized array. * args: (type, field name, argument expression, value) */ ctf_array(long, arrfield1, values, 3) /* * ctf_array_text: a statically-sized array, printed as * a string. No need to be terminated by a null * character. */ ctf_array_text(char, arrfield2, text, 10) /* * ctf_sequence: a dynamically-sized array. * args: (type, field name, argument expression, * type of length expression, length expression) */ ctf_sequence(char, seqfield1, text, size_t, textlen) /* * ctf_sequence_text: a dynamically-sized array, printed * as string. No need to be null-terminated. */ ctf_sequence_text(char, seqfield2, text, size_t, textlen) /* * ctf_string: null-terminated string. * args: (field name, argument expression) */ ctf_string(stringfield, text) /* * ctf_float: floating-point number. * args: (type, field name, argument expression) */ ctf_float(float, floatfield, floatarg) ctf_float(double, doublefield, doublearg) ) ) ASSIGNING LOGLEVEL TO EVENTS
Optionally, a loglevel can be assigned to a TRACEPOINT_EVENT using the following construct: TRACEPOINT_LOGLEVEL(< [com_company_]project[_component] >, < event >, < loglevel_name >) The first field is the provider name, the second field is the name of the tracepoint, and the third field is the loglevel name. A TRACEPOINT_EVENT should be declared prior to the the TRACEPOINT_LOGLEVEL for a given tracepoint name. The TRACEPOINT_PROVIDER must be already declared before declaring a TRACEPOINT_LOGLEVEL. The loglevels go from 0 to 14. Higher numbers imply the most verbosity (higher event throughput expected. Loglevels 0 through 6, and loglevel 14, match syslog(3) loglevels semantic. Loglevels 7 through 13 offer more fine-grained selection of debug information. TRACE_EMERG 0 system is unusable TRACE_ALERT 1 action must be taken immediately TRACE_CRIT 2 critical conditions TRACE_ERR 3 error conditions TRACE_WARNING 4 warning conditions TRACE_NOTICE 5 normal, but significant, condition TRACE_INFO 6 informational message TRACE_DEBUG_SYSTEM 7 debug information with system-level scope (set of programs) TRACE_DEBUG_PROGRAM 8 debug information with program-level scope (set of processes) TRACE_DEBUG_PROCESS 9 debug information with process-level scope (set of modules) TRACE_DEBUG_MODULE 10 debug information with module (executable/library) scope (set of units) TRACE_DEBUG_UNIT 11 debug information with compilation unit scope (set of functions) TRACE_DEBUG_FUNCTION 12 debug information with function-level scope TRACE_DEBUG_LINE 13 debug information with line-level scope (TRACEPOINT_EVENT default) TRACE_DEBUG 14 debug-level message (trace_printf default) See lttng(1) for information on how to use LTTng-UST loglevels. ADDING TRACEPOINTS TO YOUR CODE
Include the provider header in each C files you plan to instrument, following the building/linking directives in the next section. For instance, add within a function: tracepoint(ust_tests_hello, tptest, i, netint, values, text, strlen(text), dbl, flt); As a call to the tracepoint. It will only be activated when requested by lttng(1) through lttng-sessiond(8). BUILDING
/LINKING THE TRACEPOINT PROVIDER There are 2 ways to compile the Tracepoint Provider with the application: either statically or dynamically. Please follow carefully: 1.1) Compile the Tracepoint provider with the application, either directly or through a static library (.a): - Into exactly one object of your application: define "TRACEPOINT_DEFINE" and include the tracepoint provider. - Use "-I." for the compilation unit containing the tracepoint provider include (e.g. tp.c). - Link application with "-ldl". - If building the provider directly into the application, link the application with "-llttng-ust". - If building a static library for the provider, link the static library with "-lllttng-ust". - Include the tracepoint provider header into all C files using the provider. - Example: tests/hello/ hello.c tp.c ust_tests_hello.h Makefile.example 2) Compile the Tracepoint Provider separately from the application, using dynamic linking: - Into exactly one object of your application: define "TRACEPOINT_DEFINE" _and_ also define "TRACEPOINT_PROBE_DYNAMIC_LINKAGE", then include the tracepoint provider header. - Include the tracepoint provider header into all instrumented C files that use the provider. - Compile the tracepoint provider with "-I.". - Link the tracepoint provider with "-llttng-ust". - Link application with "-ldl". - Set a LD_PRELOAD environment to preload the tracepoint provider shared object before starting the application when tracing is needed. - Example: - tests/demo/ demo.c tp*.c ust_tests_demo*.h demo-trace - Note about dlopen() usage: due to locking side-effects due to the way libc lazily resolves Thread-Local Storage (TLS) symbols when a library is dlopen'd, linking the tracepoint probe or liblttng-ust with dlopen() is discouraged. They should be linked with the application using "-llibname" or loaded with LD_PRELOAD. - Enable instrumentation and control tracing with the "lttng" command from lttng-tools. See lttng-tools doc/quickstart.txt. - Note for C++ support: although an application instrumented with tracepoints can be compiled with g++, tracepoint probes should be compiled with gcc (only tested with gcc so far). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LTTNG_UST_DEBUG Activate liblttng-ust debug output. LTTNG_UST_REGISTER_TIMEOUT The environment variable "LTTNG_UST_REGISTER_TIMEOUT" can be used to specify how long the applications should wait for sessiond "registration done" command before proceeding to execute the main program. The default is 3000ms (3 seconds). The timeout value is specified in milliseconds. The value 0 means "don't wait". The value -1 means "wait forever". Setting this environment variable to 0 is recommended for applications with time constraints on the process startup time. SEE ALSO
lttng-gen-tp(1), lttng(1), babeltrace(1), lttng-sessiond(8) BUGS
No knows bugs at this point. If you encounter any issues or usability problem, please report it on our mailing list <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org> to help improve this project. CREDITS
liblttng-ust is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1. The headers are distributed under the MIT license. See http://lttng.org for more information on the LTTng project. Mailing list for support and development: <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>. You can find us on IRC server irc.oftc.net (OFTC) in #lttng. THANKS
Thanks to Ericsson for funding this work, providing real-life use-cases, and testing. Special thanks to Michel Dagenais and the DORSAL laboratory at Polytechnique de Montreal for the LTTng journey. AUTHORS
liblttng-ust was originally written by Mathieu Desnoyers, with additional contributions from various other people. It is currently main- tained by Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@efficios.com>. February 16, 2012 LTTNG-UST(3)