Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bad disk, how to replace ?
Operating Systems Solaris Bad disk, how to replace ? Post 303018816 by solaris_1977 on Friday 15th of June 2018 06:46:52 PM
Old 06-15-2018
I took the backup, destroyed pool, replace disks and created new pool - zones3
Now, instead of putting in raidz1, I just want to create mirror of zones3. With below configuration, if one disk fails, data will be lost. I have two new disks- c1t4d0 and c1t6d0
Code:
# zpool status zones3
  pool: zones3
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zones3      ONLINE       0     0     0
          c1t9d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c1t10d0   ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
#

Is it correct command to run ?
Code:
zpool zones3 mirror c1t4d0 c1t6d0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Big UH-OH "Bad magic number in disk label"

I tried rebooting my Sun server just a few minutes ago and I got the following at boot: -- Sun Fire 280R (UltraSPARC-III+) , No Keyboard Copyright 1998-2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.5, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial #xxxxxxxxx Ethernet address... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to replace a disk, that's all...

Actually have a few different issues, wondering if I could get input on (tried reading/searching for an answer, with no luck) 1. Have a v240 running sol9 that needs a bad disk replaced. So, here are the steps I took: a. detached from mirroring b. cleared mirroring (metaclear) c.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.moralito
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace, fromat, label bad harddrive

All, Here is the situation. Four 72GB hard drive installed on Sun V-240 server. HDD3 has gone bad. The server will not boot up completely. It keeps booting into single user mode. FSCK has been run and it did not fix the problem. I believe the harddrive is bad and needs to be replaced. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to replace failed disk?

Dear all Please can any one explain me how to replace failed disk in Solaris 10. Please tell me the step by step procedure. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

7. SCO

Replace Disk

Originally Posted by panos83 Hello there Sir, according to this old post, https://www.unix.com/sco/100001-warni...ler-found.html i try to restore an old image to a new hard disk drive. The problem is that i don't have basic information such as: 1) Which btld driver do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

LVM: is possible to replace a disk?

Scenario1: VG00 lvm,not mirrored,2 disk of 36GB vg size VG00 size is under 30G. Is possible to remove a disk of 36GB and replace "on fly" with a disk of 300GB on VG00? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Bad magic number in disk label.

This is first time post...found this forum when looking for possible solution to fix my sun pc. Just one day can't boot it already showing the following: Boot device: disk File args: Bad magic number in disk label Can't open disk label package Evaluating: boot Can't open boot device... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHuKoSuGi
40 Replies

10. AIX

AIX lpar bad disk I/O performance - 4k per IO limitation ?

Hi Guys, I have fresh new installed VIO 2.2.3.70 on a p710, 3 physical SAS disks, rootvg on hdisk0 and 3 VIO clients through vscsi, AIX7.1tl4 AIX6.1tl9 RHEL6.5ppc, each lpar has its rootvg installed on a LV on datavg (hdisk2) mapped to vhost0,1,2 There is no vg on hdisk1, I use it for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frenchy59
1 Replies
DRTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DRTEST(8)

NAME
drtest - standalone disk test program DESCRIPTION
Drtest is a standalone program used to read a disk track by track. It was primarily intended as a test program for new standalone drivers, but has shown useful in other contexts as well, such as verifying disks and running speed tests. For example, when a disk has been format- ted (by format(8)), you can check that hard errors has been taken care of by running drtest. No hard errors should be found, but in many cases quite a few soft ECC errors will be reported. While drtest is running, the cylinder number is printed on the console for every 10th cylinder read. EXAMPLE
A sample run of drtest is shown below. In this example (using a 750), drtest is loaded from the root file system; usually it will be loaded from the machine's console storage device. Boldface means user input. As usual, ``#'' and ``@'' may be used to edit input. >>>B/3 %% loading hk(0,0)boot Boot : hk(0,0)drtest Test program for stand-alone up and hp driver Debugging level (1=bse, 2=ecc, 3=bse+ecc)? Enter disk name [type(adapter,unit), e.g. hp(1,3)]? hp(0,0) Device data: #cylinders=1024, #tracks=16, #sectors=32 Testing hp(0,0), chunk size is 16384 bytes. (chunk size is the number of bytes read per disk access) Start ...Make sure hp(0,0) is online ... (errors are reported as they occur) ... (...program restarts to allow checking other disks) (...to abort halt machine with ^P) DIAGNOSTICS
The diagnostics are intended to be self explanatory. Note, however, that the device number in the diagnostic messages is identified as typeX instead of type(a,u) where X = a*8+u, e.g., hp(1,3) becomes hp11. SEE ALSO
format(8V), bad144(8) AUTHOR
Helge Skrivervik 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 19, 1986 DRTEST(8)