Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Rsync quite slow (using very little cpu): how to improve its speed? Post 303018806 by MadeInGermany on Friday 15th of June 2018 12:54:17 PM
Old 06-15-2018
And thank you for updating us!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

2. AIX

cpu speed

how do i determine the speed of a cpu on AIX 4.3.3 or 5.1? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find CPU Speed of HP UX

Need to find the CPU speed of HP UX for a non root login. echo "itick_per_usec/D" | adb /stand/vmunix /dev/mem | tail -1 will give the following for non root users ERROR: cannot open `/dev/mem', errno = 13, Permission denied (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surajb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep is very slow : How to improve performance

We have an egrep search in a while loop. egrep -w "$key" ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update >> ${PICKUP_DIR}/update_record_new ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update is 210 MB file In each iteration, the egrep on an average takes around 50-60 seconds to search. Ther'es nothing significant in the loop other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

speed test +20,000 file existance checks too slow

Need to make a very fast file existence checker. Passing in 20-50K num of files In the code below ${file} is a file with a listing of +20,000 files. test_speed is the script. I am commenting out the results of <time test_speed try>. The normal "test -f" is much much too slow when a system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to improve speed of text processing script

Hey together, You should know, that I'am relatively new to shell scripting, so my solution is probably a little awkward. Here is the script: #!/bin/bash live_dir=/var/lib/pokerhands/live for limit in `find $live_dir/ -type d | sed -e s#$live_dir/##`; do cat $live_dir/$limit/*... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorus
19 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 5.6 Slow rsync to NFS array

Hi All, I have RHEL 5.6 with a 70GB local directory of Web content. Images, PHP scripts etc. I need to copy all this content to an NFS array thats mounted on the RHEL server. I did a baseline cp to copy the content one week ago. Since my baseline copy the local directory has grown by 8GB.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow Perl script: how to speed up?

I had written a perl script to compare two files: new and master and get the output of the first file i.e. the first file: words that are not in the master file STRUCTURE OF THE TWO FILES The first file is a series of names ramesh sushil jonga sudesh lugdi whereas the second file (could be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script - slow process with big files

Gents, Please can u help me to improve this script to be more faster, it works perfectly but for big files take a lot time to end the job.. I see the problem is in the step (while) and in this part the script takes a lot time.. Please if you can find a best way to do will be great. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
13 Replies
RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(3pm)

NAME
RoPkg::Rsync::Atom - the smallest unit in a rsync configuration file SYPONSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use RoPkg::Rsync::Atom; sub main { my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'param', name => 'uid', value => 'nobody', ); print $a->ToString(0),$/; return 0; } main(); DESCRIPTION
RoPkg::Rsync::Atom is a class used by RoPkg::Rsync modules. The Atom is considered the smallest part of any rsync configuration file. An atom can be (at this moment): param blank comment METHODS
All methods, throw the OutsideClass exception, if you use them as class methods. Example: perl -MRoPkg::Rsync::Atom -e 'RoPkg::Rsync::Atom->Type;' Called outside class instance Besides OutsideClass the methods are throwing other exceptions as well. Refer to each method documentation for more information. new() The constructor of the class. new accepts 3 parameters grouped inside a hash: *) type - type of the atom *) name - name of the atom *) value - value of the atom The type parameter must always be present. If the type parameter is not present, a Param::Missing exception is raised. At this moment, the atoms have 3 types: *) param - a parameter in the standard form (name = value) *) comment - a comment *) blank - a blank line (or only with separators) If the value of the type parameter is not one of the ones specified a Param::Wrong exception is raised. Examples: example 1 (param): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'param', name => 'gid', value => 'users', ); example 2 (param): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(type => 'param'); $a->Name('gid'); $a->Value('users'); print 'Name of the atom is:',$a->Name,$/; example 3 (comment): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'comment', value => '# this is the group id', ); example 4 (blank): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'blank', value => q{ }, ); Name($new_name) The Name method is a get/set method. If $new_name exists (and his value is defined) then the set behaviour is selected, otherwise the method acts as a get method. Returns the name of the atom. Value($new_value) The Value method is a get/set method. If $new_value exists (and his value is defined) then the set behaviour is selected, otherwise the method acts as a get method. Returns the value of the atom. ToString($indent, $spaces) Returns the string representation of the atom. Accepts 2 parameters: indent and spaces. $indent is a true/false value specifing that the string representation should be prefixed with a tab character; $spaces is used to compute the number of spaces that should be added after the atom name, so that the total length of the parameter name to match the $spaces value. Example: my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'param', name => 'gid', value => 'users', ); print $a->ToString(0, 6),$/, $a->ToString(0, 5),$/, $a->ToString(0, 4),$/, $a->ToString(0, 3),$/, $a->ToString(1, 6),$/, $a->ToString(1, 5),$/, $a->ToString(1, 4),$/, $a->ToString(1, 3),$/; The result is: gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users Type Returns the type (string representation) of the atom. PREREQUISITES
perl 5.008 (or later) is required. Besides perl, you must have the following: RoPkg::Exceptions English Scalar::Util SEE ALSO
RoPkg::Rsync::Node RoPkg::Rsync::ConfFile RoPkg::Exceptions AUTHOR
Subredu Manuel <diablo@iasi.roedu.net> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005 Subredu Manuel. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.8.8 2006-06-09 RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(3pm)