Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Timestamp format in HP-UX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Timestamp format in HP-UX Post 303018776 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 14th of June 2018 07:17:14 PM
Old 06-14-2018
Code:
# is now
foreach $argfile (@
ARGV) {

# should be
foreach $argfile (@ARGV) {
# no line feeds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from timestamp to date format in tcsh

hello all im looking for fast way to convert timestamp format to date format and vaiseversa in tcsh , can it be done? thanks allot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

get the timestamp of a file in desired format

Hi, I have a file say abc. I get the timestamp in following way: ls -ltr abc | awk -F" " '{print $6,$7,$8}' Mar 8 10:23 I need to get the timestamp as : 03-08-2007 10:23:00 Thanks Sumeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

3. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -l timestamp display format

The time stamp format using "ls -l" is either mmm dd hh:mm or mmm dd yyyy. For later case, how can I know the hh:mm as well. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pok.fung
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To convert a date(in string format) to unix timestamp

Hi All, I have a string like below. "Mar 31 2009" . I want to convert this to unix time . Also please let me know how to find the unix time for the above string minus one day. For Eg. if i have string "Mar 31 2009" i want to find the unix time stamp of "Mar 30 2009". Thanks in advance,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
11 Replies

6. AIX

Convert unix timestamp to year month day format ?

Hello, How do I convert unix timestamp value to 'normal' date format - to get year month and day values ? Looks like it's easy to do using GNU date (linux systems). But how do I do tthis on AIX ? I don't want to write C program, any ways to do that using unix shells ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format/Fix Timestamp Data in a File.

Hello Experts, I have a timestamp(6) column in a .csv data file , format of the data is as below:- ETCT,P,Elec, Inc.,abc,11/5/2010 4:16:09.000000 PM,Y,Y,Y I want the timestamp column to be properly formatted like 11/05/2010 04:16:09.000000 PM Currently the "0" is missing with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtlrsk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file timestamp in certain format

Hi all, I'm a Unix newbie and I need to get file timestamp in the following format: YYYYMMDD HH24:MM:SS example: 20120713 18:49:30 For start I've tried the following code, but I don't know how to display the year and even format the date: ls -l $filename | awk '{print $7 $6 $8}' My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braun
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date in dd mm yyyy format to UNIX timestamp

Hello All, I have a date in DD/MM/YYYY format. I am trying to convert this into unix timestamp. I have tried following: date -d $mydate +%s where mydate = 23/12/2016 00:00:00 I am getting following error: date: extra operand `+%s' Try `date --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angshuman
1 Replies
Net::GPSD3::Return::Unknown::Timestamp(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Net::GPSD3::Return::Unknown::Timestamp(3pm)

NAME
Net::GPSD3::Return::Unknown::Timestamp - Net::GPSD3 Return Base Class with Timestamp SYNOPSIS
package XXX; use base qw{Net::GPSD3::Return::Unknown::Timestamp}; DESCRIPTION
Provides a time, timestamp and datetime methods to a GPSD3 Return object. METHODS
time Seconds since the Unix epoch, UTC. The value may have a fractional part of up to .01sec precision. Note: In 2.96 (protocol 3.4) the TPV->time format changed from unix epoch to W3C, but this method attempts to hide that change from the user. Since the POSIX standard for the Unix epoch does not use leap seconds but GPS system does I do not recommend that you use this method for time display or storage. This method is purely here for backwards compatibility. timestamp W3C formated timestamp value either directly from the protocol >= 3.4 or calculated < 3.4. The value may have a fractional part of up to .01sec precision. Note: I expect that in protocol 3.5 the value will be passed directly as TPV->timestamp datetime Returns a DateTime object BUGS
Log on RT and Send to gpsd-dev email list SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com supports all Perl applications including this package. Try gpsd-dev email list AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis CPAN ID: MRDVT STOP, LLC domain=>michaelrdavis,tld=>com,account=>perl http://www.stopllc.com/ COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Net::GPSD3, Net::GPSD3::Return::Unknown, DateTime::Format::W3CDTF, DateTime perl v5.14.2 2011-12-27 Net::GPSD3::Return::Unknown::Timestamp(3pm)