Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Code optimization
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code optimization Post 303018760 by RudiC on Thursday 14th of June 2018 11:45:06 AM
Old 06-14-2018
Yes. After trying and finding out myself, I noticed the subtle difference in R and N assignments between post#2 and #5 - the $ sign!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on optimization of the script

Hi, I have prepared script which is taking more time to process. find below script and help me with fast optimized script:- cat name.txt | while read line do name=$(echo $line| awk '{print $8}') MatchRecord=$(grep $name abc.txt | grep -v grep ) echo "$line | $MatchRecord" | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aju_kup
2 Replies

2. Programming

compilation parameters, code optimization

Hi all, I implemented an application, through using c++ and compiled it with g++. At first, what I did is (@ compilation): g++ calcBacon.C -o test -DDEBUG after I ran my application it took almost 120 sec. to finish its execution when I compiled with optimization parameters, execution... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script optimization

:o Hi, I am writing a script in which at some time, I need to get the process id of a special process and kill it... I am getting the PID as follows... ps -ef | grep $PKMS/scripts | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2 }'can we optimize it more further since my script already doing lot of other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script optimization

I have a file which contains 9,200,000. It contains 125 clolumns. I have to rearrange some columns and exclude some of them. I scripted the following script to do the same. It is working fine but it is taking more than 4hrs to do it. can it be optmized. Here is the script LOC="/sourcefile/"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK optimization

Hello, Do you have any tips on how to optimize the AWK that gets the lines in the log between these XML tags? se2|6|<ns1:accountInfoRequest xmlns:ns1="http://www.123.com/123/ se2|6|etc2"> .... <some other tags> se2|6|</ns1:acc se2|6|ountInfoRequest> The AWK I'm using to get this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed optimization

I have a process using the following series of sed commands that works pretty well. sed -e 1,1d $file |sed 1i\\"EHLO Broadridge.com" |sed 2i\\"MAIL FROM:${eaddr}"|sed 3i\\"RCPT TO:${eaddr}"|sed 4i\\"DATA"|sed 5s/.FROM/FROM:/|sed 6s/.TO/TO:/|sed 7,7d|sed s/.ENDDATA/./|sed s/.ENDARRAY// >temp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njaiswal
1 Replies

7. Programming

Make file optimization

Hi , I need some help on optmizing the make file. I have the below scenario. SOUTHERN_XITEM_PROGS=\ sfmxitem.rel \ sfqxitem.rel SOUTHERN_XITEM_DEPS= southern_xitem.c SUPERSVU_XITEM_PROGS=\ su3xitem.rel SUPERSVU_XITEM_DEPS= supersvu_xitem.c $(SOUTHERN_XITEM_PROGS) : $$@.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angelinrajeesha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU optimization

hi guys , I have 10 scripts suppose 1.sh , 2.sh ,3.sh ,4.sh ......10.sh each takes some time ( for instance 2 minutes to 40 minutes ) my server can run around 3-4 files at a time suppose, 1.sh , 2.sh , 3.sh are running currently now as soon as ANY ONE of the gets finished i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
4 Replies
HOSTSYNC(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						    HOSTSYNC(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_hostsync - Get time-of-day clock from PVM host. SYNOPSIS
C #include <sys/time.h> int info = pvm_hostsync( int host, struct timeval *clk, struct timeval *delta ) Fortran call pvmfhostsync( host, clksec, clkusec, deltasec, deltausec, info ) PARAMETERS
host TID of host. clk (or clksec and clkusec) Returns time-of-day clock sample from host. delta (or deltasec and deltausec) Returns difference between local clock and remote host clock. DESCRIPTION
pvm_hostsync samples the time-of day clock of a host in the virtual machine and returns both the clock value and the difference between local and remote clocks. To reduce the delta error due to message transit time, local clock samples are taken before and after reading the remote clock. Delta is the difference between the mean local clocks and remote clock. Note that the delta time can be negative. The microseconds field is always normalized to 0..999999, while the sign of the seconds field gives the sign of the delta. For example: 3.25 Sec = 3,250000 0 = 0,0 -1 uSec = -1,999999 -1 Sec = -1,000000 -1.1 Sec = -2,999000 In C, if clk or delta is a null pointer, that parameter is not returned. ERRORS
If pvm_hostsync is successful, it returns PvmOk. These error conditions can be returned by pvm_hostsync PvmSysErr pvmd not responding. PvmNoHost specified host not in virtual machine. PvmHostFail host is unreachable (and thus possibly failed) SEE ALSO
pvm_config(3PVM) 20 February, 1994 HOSTSYNC(3PVM)