Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk -Search pattern through Variable Post 303018749 by koti_rama on Thursday 14th of June 2018 09:30:58 AM
Old 06-14-2018
Hello Rudi,
Thank you very much,it's working as expected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for awk pattern in unix env variable

For a Script I need to detemine which field of the unix environment variable SHLIB_PATH has the WALTDB entry. export SHLIB_PATH=/usr/user5/WALTDB/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32:/usr/TZD/bin.wdad/mug/oracle/lib: echo $SHLIB_PATH | awk -F: '{ print $1 }' Shure gives me the first entry, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign the Pattern Search string as Input Variable

guys, I need to know how to assing pattern matched string as an input command variable. Here it goes' My script is something like this. ./routing.sh <Server> <enable|disable> ## This Script takes an input <Server> variable from this line of the script ## echo $1 | egrep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search the pattern in a file and replace with variable already defined previously in csh

I want to replace a certain pattern with the variable already defined. e.g. set path_verilog = /home/priya/bin/verilogfile my file contents are : verilog new verilog is defined here verilog_path_comes I am using the below command sed 's/verilog_path_comes/'$path_verilog'/g' <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

solved -gawk, search for pattern - mark the previous line as a variable?

Im trying to parse ifconfig with awk and setup a bunch of variables in one shot. But Im having trouble figuring out how to work with data in previous lines. ifconfig output: eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:DA:10:7F:1B inet addr:10.10.10.10 Bcast:10.10.10.127 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Search using AWK

Hi All, I have the below file data.txt.Using awk i want to grep all the zone data.Form the below command i can extact data upto of zone i give but i want it should print until next pattern. awk '/^Total Collection /{c=5;next}c-->0' zin45srs08.tools_utilization instead of c=5 is it possible... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern search using awk

Hi All, I am trying to find numbers with balance greater than 1 and less than equal 2 from the below file using awk Input file num ,bal 100199,1.708 100225,0 100226,0 100228,0.771166 100232,2 output file 100199,1.708 100232,2 I am using the following command for this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pistachio
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a filename stored in a variable using a pattern?

hi, i have a variable which contains some file names delimited by a single space. FNAME="s1.txt s2.lst s3.cvs s4.lst" i have another variable that contains a pattern FILE_PATTERN="*.lst" i want to take the filenames from FNAME variable and assign each file name in to an array say for... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable search and line count between variable-search pattern

Input: |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:48:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:49:54 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:54:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:55:45 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:00:02 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:01:44 BST 2016... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)