Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux dollar sign in front of directory Post 303018730 by cokedude on Wednesday 13th of June 2018 06:04:03 PM
Old 06-13-2018
Linux dollar sign in front of directory

I'm looking at a config file with dollar signs. What do the dollar signs mean in front of a directory?

Code:
dir = ./demoCA # Where everything is kept
certs = $dir/certs # Where the issued certs are kept
crl_dir = $dir/crl # Where the issued crl are kept
new_certs_dir = $dir/newcerts # default place for new certs.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are their any Front Page 2000 *linux* programs?

I am looking for an alternative. I am not wanting to try and run it using one of those fancy programs that can run windows programs. I am trying to cut the chord from MS so I am looking for good similar programs. Any thoughts? If there are none, then I guess I try to run it under Linux. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizkid
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem: Single Sign On for linux

Hi gurus, I'd like to know your opions about Single Sign On (SSO) for linux (Debian). In my company, clients want to access to different services (FTP, HTTP, Mail, Web Applications ). I think about OpenLDAP and Proxy (Squid, Vulture) to resolve this problem but i'm not sure if they can. Are there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanhdat
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does anyone have this handy Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 77yrold
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Communicate to the OS(linux) using front end.

Hi guys , I want to develop a web page which is capable of executing the command on os and show the output on the browser.(Which involves reading and writing too.) I m using jsp language to develop the web page. How would i use it to communicate with my linux server? Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute the starting dollar sign in command with blank

Hi,, Let example cmd: $$config/all Here I want to replace or subsitute blank space and also with any other character in place of "$" sign...and also want to replace backslash (/) with forward (\)......in expect script please could any one help on this.....thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swethakast
2 Replies

7. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux expand dollar sign in single quotes

I am trying to get a dollar sign variable to be expanded in single quotes. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried every way I can think of. for i in `cat file1` do for j in `cat file2` do ssh $i 'systemctl is-enabled "${j}" '; done done... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
gnutls_ocsp_resp_get_certs(3)					      gnutls					     gnutls_ocsp_resp_get_certs(3)

NAME
gnutls_ocsp_resp_get_certs - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/ocsp.h> int gnutls_ocsp_resp_get_certs(gnutls_ocsp_resp_t resp, gnutls_x509_crt_t ** certs, size_t * ncerts); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_ocsp_resp_t resp should contain a gnutls_ocsp_resp_t structure gnutls_x509_crt_t ** certs newly allocated array with gnutls_x509_crt_t certificates size_t * ncerts output variable with number of allocated certs. DESCRIPTION
This function will extract the X.509 certificates found in the Basic OCSP Response. The certs output variable will hold a newly allocated zero-terminated array with X.509 certificates. Every certificate in the array needs to be de-allocated with gnutls_x509_crt_deinit() and the array itself must be freed using gnutls_free(). Both the certs and ncerts variables may be NULL. Then the function will work as normal but will not return the NULL:d information. This can be used to get the number of certificates only, or to just get the certificate array without its size. RETURNS
On success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (0) is returned, otherwise a negative error value. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_ocsp_resp_get_certs(3)