Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Parse output and then compare column wise with awk Post 303018724 by RudiC on Wednesday 13th of June 2018 03:56:32 PM
Old 06-13-2018
Unfortunately, due to syntax, semantic, and logic error plus sloppy typing, the code you provided will never run nor produce any output.
Try instead
Code:
awk  -F= '
                {ARR[NR%3] = $2
                }

NR == 1         {print "Name","BMI","Weight"
                 next
                }

!(NR % 3)       {if (ARR[2] > ARR[0]) print ARR[1], ARR[2], ARR[0]
                 split ("", ARR)
                }
' OFS="\t" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files for a single column and output differences

Hi, I have a column in 2 different files which i want to compare, and output the results to a different file. The columns are in different positions in those 2 files. File 1 the column is in position 10-15 File 2 the column is in position 15-20 Please advise Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to compare two text files in column wise?

Hi All, I have two txt files like this File1: no name ---------- 12 aaaa 23 bbbb 55 cccc File2 dname dno ------------ civil 33 mech 55 arch 66 Now i want to compare col1 from File and col2 from File2, if its match i want fetch all columns from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk-gsub on column-wise on each row

awk '{ gsub(/....=/,""); print }' want.dat >final.dat the above awk command which removes all the chars before and including '=' on the entire row. --thats what it meant be.:) but i need to remove text on column-wise on each row. many thanks, EM ---------- Post updated at 10:00 AM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the second column of a file with the second column of another in awk

Hi, I know that this topic has been discussed in the past and I've tried to follow all the guidelines. Anyhow, I following describe my problem. I have a file (file1 , no. records = 67) containing pairs of IP addresses as follows (with single space as delimiter between the fields): example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse jil output

Hi , I have a jil file which i am trying to parse and print the job name and the condition corresponding to it. Below is the input file /* -------------------- testjob1 -------------------- */ insert_job: testjob1 job_type: c machine: unix owner: chidori condition: s(joba) and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse df output

Output of the below code includes unmatched date.Please correct it df -k|awk '$4>50 {print $1, "\t"$4,"\t" $7}' It gives output less than 50% also. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies
trbdf(1)							   User Manuals 							  trbdf(1)

NAME
trbdf - convert BDF-font from one encoding to other SYNOPSIS
trbdf -C | -l | -h trbdf [-s] [-f input-codeset ] [-t output-codeset ] [--foundry[=] new-foundry ] BDF-font DESCRIPTION
trbdf is a program for translation of BDF fonts from one encoding to other. One exciting feature of trbdf is that it tries to approximate the symbols that miss from the font or from the encoding of the font with existing symbols when possible. If the option -s or --gen-script is given trbdf will generate an awk(1) script for translation of BDF-fonts for fixed combination of input- codeset and output-codeset This is useful for faster convertion of many files. This script is used as filter. If none of -C, -s, -l, -h and their equivalents is given the BDF-font will be read assuming it is coded with codeset input-codeset On stan- dard output it will be recoded so to use codeset output-codeset Both input-codeset and output-codeset are case insensitive and default to `cp1251'. OPTIONS
-C, --copyright Display copying conditions and warranty information. -s, --gen-script Generates conversion script for given input and output encodings instead to convert BDF-font. This option is usefull if you have to convert many fonts. The generated script expects the input font from its standard input and outputs the converted font. -l, --list List all known codesets. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -f input-codeset, --from[=]input-codeset Codeset of the source font. -f output-codeset, --to[=]output-codeset Codeset of the generated font. --foundry[=]new-foundry Use this option if you want to change the foundry of the generated fonts. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> SEE ALSO
bdftopcf(1x) trscripts NOV 2002 trbdf(1)