Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed to add a line to a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to add a line to a file Post 303018678 by RudiC on Wednesday 13th of June 2018 04:54:54 AM
Old 06-13-2018
Are you sure the error is with the script as given above? It doesn't have 68 char, but only 31... On top, it executes flawlessly on my system.
Please post entire script, and its execution log (set shell's -x option).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add new line using SED

Hi, I want to add two new lines to a file. I have: dn: uid=beele,ou=medewerker,dc=hva,dc=nl street: Wibautstraat 2-4 dn: uid=beelx,ou=medewerker,dc=hva,dc=nl street: Wibautstraat 2-4 I want to make: dn: uid=beele,ou=medewerker,dc=hva,dc=nl changetype: modify replace: street street:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help (remove line::parse again::add line)

Aloha! I have just over 1k of users that have permissions that they shouldn't under our system. I need to parse a provided list of usernames, check their permissions file, and strip the permissions that they are not allowed to have. If upon the permissions strip they are left with no permissions,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malumake
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add new line using sed

I need to add a new line using sed based on matching a pattern. I need to add the blank line after the line that I am matching on. Any help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scrappycc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to add a new line

Hi In my sed version the interactive method of adding a new works : > sed '3a\ new line ' file_name But i want to do the same task in one command as it is a part of a script. i hav tried the following but no luck so far cat file_name |sed -e '3a\ new line ' cat file_name |sed -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed add after line x new text from file

I've been playing with sed, trying to get it to insert the contents of somefile.txt after line 13 on anotherfile.txt. I tried searching for a line with regex and attempting to insert something on the next line with: find ./anotherfile.txt -type f -exec sed -i -e '/^dog/cat/' {} \; but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to add text in new line

help i need to add a "nfsd" in new line after cron ex: cron rpcbind output: cron nfsd rpcbind i use sed -e "/cron/G; s/$/nfsd/" myfile output: cron nfsd rpcbindnfsd (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamilzain
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi, I want to achieve something similar to what described in another post: The difference is I want to add the line if the pattern is not found. File 1: A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/grep: check if line exists, if not add line?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to speed up the following as I want to use multiple commands to search thousands of files. is there a way to speed things up? Example I want to search a bunch of files for a specific line, if this line already exists do nothing, if it doesn't exist add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed add line to config file

what is the sed command line to add a line to a config file config file name is "config" line to be added cpuid.7.edx = "----:00--:----:----:----:----:----:----" thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
4 Replies
srec_cosmac(5)							File Formats Manual						    srec_cosmac(5)

NAME
srec_cosmac - RCA Cosmac Elf file format DESCRIPTION
This file takes the form of one or more RCA Cosmac Elf monitor commands, also known as the IDIOT/4 monitor. Only the change memory command (!M) is allowed. The general form of the !M command takes the form !Maaaa dd ... dd The !M command writes data byte bytes (represented by character pairs dd) into successive memory locations, started at address aaaa. Spa- ces between data bytes are ignored. Using the comma (,) line continuation character resumes from the next address in sequence. !Maaaa dd ... dd, dd ... dd Using the semicolon (;) line continuation character takes an address on the next line !Maaaa dd ... dd; aaaa dd ... dd It is also possible to have the semicolon immediately after the command. !M; aaaa dd ... dd All of these forms may be used in combination. Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in size by approximately 2.0 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an example Cosmac file. It contains the data "Hello, World[rq] to be loaded at address 0x1000. !M1000 48656C6C6F2C20576F726C640A COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_cosmac(5)