Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Errors running perl statement Post 303018624 by drew77 on Tuesday 12th of June 2018 09:15:04 AM
Old 06-12-2018
Your script will not work because block count and reserved block count are not in the script themselves.

Another bash script created another script with Block count: and Reserved block count: in them.

Here is that script.

Code:
cd /home/andy/Downloads/
echo xxxx | sudo -S tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 > list_tune.txt
# looks for block count and IS case insensitive
#
echo "#!/bin/bash" > Show_Percent_Reserved_Blocks.sh
grep -i "block count" list_tune.txt >>Show_Percent_Reserved_Blocks.sh
echo 'perl -e "printf(\"%.1lf%%\n\", ($reserved_block_count * 100.0 ) / $block_count);"' >>Show_Percent_Reserved_Blocks.shecho xxx |sudo -S chmod +x Show_Percent_Reserved_Blocks.sh

---------- Post updated at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:59 AM ----------

I see my problem.

I need to execute the perl script outside of a bash script.

Which is another step that I want to avoid.

Last edited by rbatte1; 06-12-2018 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: Changed ICODE to CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors when running a cron job

I am running some shell scripts through a foll cron job, the script works fine and there are no errors in the log file but I receive the following error in mail for the jobs: stty: no such device or address What does the above error indicate, here is the cron job: 0 22 * * 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knarayan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Request help to debug errors while running in 'C'

I run, 2 'C' Files, gapw.c and getkey.c, but I get the following errors :- I) $ gcc gapw.c gapw.c: In function `main': gapw.c:96: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size /tmp/cck4I8mW.o(.text+0x227): In function `main': : undefined reference to `getprofilestring'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running if statement on command line

Hi, is it possible to run an if statement from the command line? I am doing this # service postgresql status; if ] ; then awk '{print ""$2""}' /root/file.txt > But it throws me into a different mode ie the > then I have to do a ctrl+c. I want to do it this way because I will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation errors in running configure script

Hi all, I tried to cross compile Ghostscript-8.54 source. I am getting some errors during cross compilation. I have pasted the errors below. CC=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc LD=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-ld ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --without-x && make ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva4ever
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

surpressing errors while running script

I have written shell script to find out pairsuspends in our environment.But when i run the script iam getting an error for the Pair which are not active.Below are the error am getting pairvolchk -g up1012 -I11 pairvolchk : execution error. pairvolchk: Unmatched CTGID within the group Refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeebala1981
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Syntax Errors

Hi, I am a newbie to PERL and working on a script. When running it I get a lot of compilation errors. The actual command in the program (which is within a case structure) is given below # This gives the actual count of inquires from a log file (It works fine when I type this on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Backtick Errors

When trying to use backticks for system commands, is there a way to read the error messages if a command doesn't execute properly? I have no problem getting the results if the command is properly executed. Ex. my @result = `dir`; foreach my $line (@result) { print "Result = $line";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found errors when running csh script

I am trying to find the number of files whose name starts with uni. Below is the code but it is giving error. :confused: #!/bin/csh FILES_NAME ='files_list'; FILE_NAME_PATTERN = 'uni*'; NO_OF_FILES; ls -l $FILE_NAME_PATTERN > $FILES_NAME ; NO_OF_FILES = `wc -l $FILES_NAME`; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a function from a case statement

Hi, I have the below script that should take the command line option and run the desired script on another server. Only it doesn't seem to run the function, infact it just returns back to the command line. case $1 in 1) msgbacklog() ;; 2) jobstatus() ;; ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid option errors running shell script

The script below fails with the following error messages: gzip: invalid option -- 'w' Try `gzip --help' for more information. mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write cp: invalid option -- 'w' Try `cp --help' for more information. rm: invalid option -- 'w' Try `rm --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANNACTION
1 Replies
flockfile(3S)															     flockfile(3S)

NAME
flockfile(), ftrylockfile(), funlockfile() - explicit locking of streams within a multithread application SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The and functions provide for explicit application-level locking of streams. These functions can be used by a thread to delineate a sequence of I/O statements that are to be executed as a unit. The function is used by a thread to acquire ownership of a object. The function is used by a thread to acquire ownership of a object if the object is available; is a non-blocking version of The function is used to relinquish the ownership granted to the thread. The behavior is undefined if a thread other than the current owner calls the function. Logically, there is a count associated with each stream. This count is implicitly initialized to zero when the stream is created. The stream is unlocked when the count is zero. When the count is positive, a single thread owns the stream. When the function is called, if the count is zero or if the count is positive and the caller owns the stream, the count is incremented. Otherwise, the calling thread is suspended, waiting for the count to return to zero. Each call to decrements the count. This allows matching calls to (or successful calls to and to be nested. All POSIX.1 and C standard functions that reference objects behave as if they use and internally to obtain ownership of these objects. RETURN VALUE
None for and The function returns zero for success and nonzero to indicate that the lock cannot be acquired. flockfile(3S)