Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating verbal structures from a dictionary and a template Post 303018580 by gimley on Monday 11th of June 2018 04:28:35 AM
Old 06-11-2018
Am replying from my phone.Thanks very much. Am out at present and should be back in a couple of hours. I will get back to you on this asap.

---------- Post updated at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:00 AM ----------

Hello,
Ran it on a computer at a friend's place. I copied the awk script as you have provided and saved it as template.gk:
Code:
FNR == NR {if (NR > 1) TA[$1] = $2; next} {TMP = $0; for (t in TA) {$0 = TMP; sub ("\|", t); sub ("#", TA[t]); print}}

I used the files provided in the sample above and ran the script on command line
Code:
gawk32 -f template.gk dictionary.txt template.txt>out

I used a 32 bit version of awk, since this computer as well as mine both are Windows10 OS. This what I got as output. Where did I go wrong in the implementation?
Code:
acquire=मिल|=
go=चल|=
do=कर|=
acquire=मिल|=ो
go=चल|=ो
do=कर|=ो
acquire=मिलPlease |=िए
go=चलPlease |=िए
do=करPlease |=िए
acquire=मिलPlease |=िएगा
go=चलPlease |=िएगा
do=करPlease |=िएगा
acquire=मिलI will |=मैं ूँगा
go=चलI will |=मैं ूँगा
do=करI will |=मैं ूँगा
acquire=मिलWe will |=हम ेंगे  
go=चलWe will |=हम ेंगे  
do=करWe will |=हम ेंगे  
acquire=मिलI will |=मैं ूँगी
go=चलI will |=मैं ूँगी
do=करI will |=मैं ूँगी
acquire=मिलWe will |=हम ेंगी 
go=चलWe will |=हम ेंगी 
do=करWe will |=हम ेंगी 
acquire=मिलYou will |=तू ेगा
go=चलYou will |=तू ेगा
do=करYou will |=तू ेगा
acquire=मिलYou will |=तुम ोगे
go=चलYou will |=तुम ोगे
do=करYou will |=तुम ोगे
acquire=मिलYou will |=तू ेगी
go=चलYou will |=तू ेगी
do=करYou will |=तू ेगी
acquire=मिलYou will |=तुम ोंगी
go=चलYou will |=तुम ोंगी
do=करYou will |=तुम ोंगी
acquire=मिलHe will |=वह ेगा
go=चलHe will |=वह ेगा
do=करHe will |=वह ेगा
acquire=मिलThey will |=वे ेंगे 
go=चलThey will |=वे ेंगे 
do=करThey will |=वे ेंगे 
acquire=मिलShe will |=वह ेगी
go=चलShe will |=वह ेगी
do=करShe will |=वह ेगी
acquire=मिलThey will |=वे ेंगी
go=चलThey will |=वे ेंगी
do=करThey will |=वे ेंगी

Sorry to hassle you, but a hint from you would help. Many thanks for your kind help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating new system Makefile template

I am attempting to set-up a Makefile to use for a new system on a Sun Unix machine. I am new to creating Makefiles. I am trying to start simply by compiling a program. I am getting the following error message but an uncertain what 'Error Code 1' is. Is there a web site with Error Codes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CaptainRo
1 Replies

2. Programming

pointer to structures

Dear friends I have a bit basic doubts in pointers and the structures inter relationships. the first one. static struct apvt { int dead; int pending; int abouttograb; }*agents=NULL; what agents pointer is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech_voip
1 Replies

3. Programming

Programming using Structures

Hi All, I was given a format of a file, and was asked to write a program which displays the data contained in the file in that purticular format. Its all so confusing. Please find the example of the format as well the code I have written in the attachment. I hope any one of u guyz can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
0 Replies

4. Linux

about system structures

hello can any1 plz tell me about the system defined structures (like sysinfo) which wil give system and n/w charecteristics (ex: freeram in sysinfo). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeenat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a dictionary with domain name adjuncted

Hello, I have created a dictionary which has the following structure: DOMAINWORD=(equivalent in English)gloss(es) in Hindi each separated by a comma(equivalent in English)gloss(es) in Hindi each separated by a comma or a semi-colon An example will make this clear ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
13 Replies

7. Programming

C++: Creating Matrix template using vector

I want to create a Matrix template that uses vector. For the time being I want to create the following operations. I need setting the implementation for the operations. Maybe I do not have to use a pointer either. template <class T> class Matrix { protected: typedef vector<T>* ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping verbal forms from a large corpus

I want to extract verbal forms from a large corpus of English. I have identified a certain number of patterns. Each pattern has the following structure SPACE word_CATEGORY where word refers to the verbal form and CATEGORY refers to the class of the verb The categories are identified as per the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Creating a VMware template

Hello, I am creating a Solaris 11 template on my ESXI host. I would like each VM that is deployed from the template to have its own unique host fingerprint. With Linux, I simply delete host keys, which causes new keys to be generated at bootup (new VM deployment) Is there a way to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefoxx04
1 Replies

10. Programming

Python Web Page Scraping Urls Creating A Dictionary

I have thrown in the towel and cant figure out how to do this. I have a directory of html files that contain urls that I need to scrape (loop through) and add into a dictionary. An example of the output I would like is: bigbadwolf.htlm: https://www.blah.com, http://www.blahblah.com,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies