Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories. Post 303018579 by blinkingdan on Monday 11th of June 2018 03:57:59 AM
Old 06-11-2018
Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help.

Last edited by blinkingdan; 06-11-2018 at 05:04 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission for directories and files

Is there a way to change subdirectories permission plus the files in the subdirectories in a directory i specified without using the find command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mingfei2006
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch delete specific folder from user home directories

Hi! Need your help. How can I delete the cache folder of multiple user home directories via automatically executed shell script on a Mac OS X Server? Example: The userdata are stored on a Xsan Volume like this: /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/mike /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nipodrom
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Read & Write on different directories

Hi, root@server] df -h 121G 14G 101G 12% /home 147G 126G 14G 91% /backup We having our site files and images are storing in /backup/home/user/files/ through symbolic link created in /home directory pointing in /backup directory as following. root@server] cd /home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirfan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out in which directories a user can write?

Hi everybody, what command can show me the directories in which a certain user can write to? Kind Regards FranzB (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving write permission to multiple directories

Hi, i am having following directory structure Folder1 -> Folder2 -> Folder3 Folder4 Folder5 Now i am at top level and want to assign write permission to all the folder & files in it. i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do UNIX Permission apply to sub directories?

Hi Guys, Can you tell me if unix permissions apply to sub dirs? Dir is /home/ops/batch/files/all /home is rwxrwxrwx ops is rwxrwxrwx batch is rwxr-wr-w files is rwxrwxrwx all is rwxrwxrwx Having problems writing to all (does the userid nee to be the batch owner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Highlight directories in path with execute permission for others

Hi all, I'm trying to make a script that takes at the most one argument and lists all directories in the path in a special format: User Group Other Filename rwx r-- r-x \ rwx r-x r-- home This is my code as it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

9. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
DPNS-RM(1)							DPNS User Commands							DPNS-RM(1)

NAME
dpns-rm - remove DPNS files or directories in the name server SYNOPSIS
dpns-rm [-f] [-i] filename... dpns-rm [-f] [-i] -r dirname... DESCRIPTION
dpns-rm removes DPNS files or directories in the name server. For directories either -r or -R must be present. For regular files, it calls dpns_unlink while for directories, it calls dpns_rmdir. This requires write permission in the parent directory and the file itself. If write permission on an entry is denied, the standard input is a terminal and the -f option is not given, the prompt "override write protection" appears and if the response is not y, the entry is not deleted. Entries directly under a protected directory are never deleted. path specifies the DPNS pathname. If path does not start with /, it is prefixed by the content of the DPNS_HOME environment variable. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f Do not give an error message if the file/directory does not exist. -i Request acknowledge before removing each individual entry. -R Recursive mode (equivalent to -r). -r Recursive mode. EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), dpns_rmdir(3), dpns_unlink(3) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team DPNS
$Date: 2002/10/18 11:57:00 $ DPNS-RM(1)