Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Preloading open() for files sourced by tcsh Post 303018572 by endgame on Sunday 10th of June 2018 10:35:44 PM
Old 06-10-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
For what purpose are you overriding open()?
I need to collect which files are being opened from a complex scriptware. I don't see this problem for bash, ksh, perl and python scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include external files in tcsh

Hello Simple question about tcsh , i like to make external file that some tcsh script will read from him var=="some value" how can i make the include in tcsh files? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

which file is sourced by bash on login (Mac OS X 10.5.3)?

Hi: So my current Python (2.52) rig is not working as intended. "echo $PATH" in bash gives me 'X'" that's not what i want, so i need to change my path. To do that, there appeared to be four choices (all in my ~/ directory--note: I'm root, it's my Mac, but i'm in a user account): .profile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex_Land
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Preloading libraries.. LD_PRELOAD

well i know what LD_PRELOAD is. Now suppose i have hooked a function XDrawString in the my library (Mylib.so.1) and then used the command export LD_PRELOAD=/path/mylib.so.1 Now suppose i open Xeditor by typing 'xeditor' in the console, my library is geting used, so i knw that this applilcation is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manchester
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit from sourced script

Hello, I have written a script (say chld.sh). its structure is as follows: ------------------------ #!/bin/sh usage() { echo "chld.sh <param1> <param2>" exit 0 } chk_param_1() { case $param1 in c) export PATH=$PATH:/home_a/bin/execs;; d) export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Sourced file location

The sample scripts below, I am looking for the location of the sourced b.sh file. The b.sh file is source by multiple files, so it is not feasible to rely on a "global" variable or passed argument. Is there any way to determine the location of b.sh within b.sh? a.sh #!/bin/ksh echo "a:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Al262
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename all files that have a certain text in the filename using tcsh shell

Hello~ I'm on AIX version 5 and I believe I have the tcsh shell environment to play in. Can you guys help me with a solution to rename all files that have "eclp" in the filename to "ecl" ? I basically want to rename the files and strip the "p" out. i.e. original filenames: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: in2vtec
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quitting from a script, either sourced or not

This is a very simple problem, I am wondering why I can find no answer anywhere... I have a script that can be run either sourced or not. This script has some place where it needs to quit execution (e.g., when an error is found) If I "exit", the sourced call would exit the parent shell, but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadMage
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Installing Env::Sourced

Hello, I am trying to install Env::Sourced and i get the following error. sh: source: not found sh: include.sh: not found Unable to determine your shells source program, typically 'source' or '.' How can i overcome this? Best Regards, Christos (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

open files

I want to open a file and edit it using vi However, i dont want to open directories or binary files. how can i do this? Right now it opens all files without caring echo "please enter a file to edit in Vi" read file if then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

Not sure where the problem is. I can run the script without any issue using the following command. . /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh But it fails with the below error when I try it this way /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh: line 65: return: can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svajhala
1 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)