Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ? Post 303018531 by vilius on Saturday 9th of June 2018 08:42:55 AM
Old 06-09-2018
largesend=1 is default on my vios version - tried large_receive=yes - no change same result 1.4-1.8Gbit speed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with Etherchannel

I'm trying to configure Etherchannel on AIX 5.3 and I'm having some problems. I am aggregating both of the onboard NIC's (ent0 and ent1) into a new adapter ent2 for failover reasons obviously. At first I was experiencing a problem where about 50% of all my packets would be dropped. Then after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX / Etherchannel / VLANs

I have 1 AIX server, 4 dual ported fiber attached ethernet cards and 4 VLANS coming in. Is it possible to present those 8 ports as 1 IP address using etherchannel? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
5 Replies

3. AIX

Can EtherChannel be a redundancy config?

I have one p5 server, no lpar, 2 physical network adapter, bundle as one EtherChannel. The two 2 physical network adapter connect to 2 network switches. How to make this as a redundancy config? Current is if one physical network adapter down, the seond one will go through the network. but if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

4. AIX

EtherChannel interface ping pelicularity

I have few AIX servers in my data center, which have their EtherChannel configured to have a fat pipe (active/active) and a nagios server to monitor the server uptimes. Nagios server pings every server in the data center and we have pretty much every known unix flavor in this data center. When... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
3 Replies

5. AIX

Aggregated Etherchannel

Hi, I have a AIX5.3 P6-520 with 8x1Gb Ethernet ports with possible connections to 2 CISCO 2960 switches. I can create 8023ad Etherchannels which work correctly with the switches (I have set up for LACP passive and a valid channels) But can create 2x 8023ad 4Gb Etherchannels with no backups.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitzie
2 Replies

6. AIX

PowerVM HA questions

hi guys, i need to develop following setup for a customer: high availability oracle database on aix7 and linux in 2 different LPAR using dual ps700 blande a ds3400 and HMC. the question is, it is possible to have automatic vioc failover(aix,linux) when for example 1 vios goes down? in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
6 Replies

7. AIX

Need IBM PowerVM

Hi all please give me a link for IBM PowerVM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
4 Replies

8. AIX

Etherchannel failover testing

Hi Guys, I am trying to test an etherchannel failover and switchback. I did failover from primary to backup adapter, but now I am not able to switch it back to primary. phcxxxxx:/ > entstat -d ent4 | grep Active Active channel: backup adapter ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. AIX

PowerVM/lpar creation problems

Hi, I'm a newbie to PowerVM and LPARs ( I work with VmWare and Oracle VM Server for Sparc) .recently we purchased an 8202-e4b server, with two enclosures for add'l disk capacity. it is licensed for PowerVM standard,came preloaded as such, AIX 7.1. I've set up HMC v8.2, and run it through a VM on... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: computron
30 Replies

10. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
getty(1M)                                                 System Administration Commands                                                 getty(1M)

NAME
getty - set terminal type, modes, speed, and line discipline SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/saf/ttymon [-h] [-t timeout] line [ speed [ type [linedisc]]] /usr/lib/saf/ttymon -c file DESCRIPTION
getty sets terminal type, modes, speed, and line discipline. getty is a symbolic link to /usr/lib/saf/ttymon. It is included for compati- bility with previous releases for the few applications that still call getty directly. getty can only be executed by the super-user, (a process with the user ID root). Initially getty prints the login prompt, waits for the user's login name, and then invokes the login command. getty attempts to adapt the system to the terminal speed by using the options and arguments specified on the command line. Without optional arguments, getty specifies the following: The speed of the interface is set to 300 baud, either parity is allowed, NEW- LINE characters are converted to carriage return-line feed, and tab expansion is performed on the standard output. getty types the login prompt before reading the user's name a character at a time. If a null character (or framing error) is received, it is assumed to be the result of the user pressing the BREAK key. This will cause getty to attempt the next speed in the series. The series that getty tries is determined by what it finds in /etc/ttydefs . OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h If the -h flag is not set, a hangup will be forced by setting the speed to zero before setting the speed to the default or a specified speed. -t timeout Specifies that getty should exit if the open on the line succeeds and no one types anything in timeout seconds. -c file The -c option is no longer supported. Instead use /usr/sbin/sttydefs -l to list the contents of the /etc/ttydefs file and perform a validity check on the file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: line The name of a TTY line in /dev to which getty is to attach itself. getty uses this string as the name of a file in the /dev directory to open for reading and writing. speed The speed argument is a label to a speed and TTY definition in the file /etc/ttydefs. This definition tells getty at what speed to run initially, what the initial TTY settings are, and what speed to try next, (should the user press the BREAK key to indicate that the speed is inappropriate). The default speed is 300 baud. type and linedisc These options are obsolete and will be ignored. FILES
/etc/ttydefs ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ct(1C), login(1), sttydefs(1M), ttymon(1M), ioctl(2), attributes(5), tty(7D) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 getty(1M)