Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mysql is not working in shell script Post 303018471 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 7th of June 2018 10:03:07 AM
Old 06-07-2018
Can the user $DBUSER connect to the db and access the table directly?
In other words, does it have the necessary permissions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql with shell script

Hi did any books teaching beginner to run mysql using BASH shell? thkx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing mysql load statement from shell script

Hi, I have a piece of shell script which will connect to mysql database and execute a load statement(which will load datas in a file to the database table).The code is working and the data is in the tables. Now my requirement is, i need to grab the output from the load statement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple MySql queries in shell script?

Hi guys, i know how to run a single query using mysql embedded in a shell script as follows: `mysql -umyuser -pmypass --host myhost database<<SQL ${query}; quit SQL` However, how would i be able to run several queries within the same connection? The reason for this is i am creating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get and process mysql result set in shell script

Hi All, I am in a problem here is the description, Actually in my shell script i am firing a mysql query which returns multiple records and i have to process each record one by one. So could any one please suggest me how to solve my problem? Thanks in Advance Ashok Sharma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1979
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql script in a command shell

Hi i`m trying this script to run and i get the following error. Enter your name tman Enter your surname smith -bash: ./500: line 20: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' -bash: ./500: line 21: syntax error: unexpected end of file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduduzi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql script in a command shell

Hi can anyone help with my issue here. I new in linux and new in scripting. i was ask to do the following below and i`m getting errors. I managed to create the table and the database. Now i need to add the details in a shell to update the database.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduduzi
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Download - Mysql replace

Hi, I have a video script. it has embedded Youtube videos. I want replace them downloaded version mp4 videos. this script has a mysql table. I want search "url_flv" field on table a youtube link if has a youtube link I want download it this command. I want extract uniq_id field for file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)