Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pretty kool datacentre
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Pretty kool datacentre Post 303018422 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 6th of June 2018 03:23:15 AM
Old 06-06-2018
Pretty kool datacentre

Hi All,

Just seen this news article on the BBC website.

Microsoft sinks data centre off Orkney - BBC News

Instead of investing in new cooler processor technology they decide to warm the ocean with the old. Okay, it's just an experiment. Interesting?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pretty good aix doc if you are unfamilar with it

http://homepage.virgin.net/johnc.king/files/aixdoc/aixdoc.pdf this is taken from http://watkiss.members.easyspace.com/computers/unix/aix/aixdoc.html it is 372 pages long. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

all the pretty scripts gone...gone...

I managed to delete my first shell script which was a menu that called functions. I made it all real nice and it ran like a winner. I was so pleased with it I wanted to print it out and look it over, over lunch. Well, lets just say Im better at scripting than just regular commands coz I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP ASAP.. pretty simple..

Hey guys.... couple questions... I am working a problem set and can't answer this: 1) Suppose you are in a directory that contains a file called "foo." You want to create a new file called "bar" that contains the sorted contents of "foo" in the parent directory of the one you're in. How... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugakid
8 Replies

4. Programming

I am pretty new to this

Ok, so I need to make a program using PICO. Here is the assignment, if anyone knows how to do this please show me. Thanks. Acme Paints, a well-respected local paint store, is having their big End-Of-Winter Paint Sale. They have way too much red, green, yellow, and blue paint on hand in their... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thescene
1 Replies

5. Solaris

external DVD-ROM drive for our datacentre

Hi there In our Data centre we have a mixture of SPARCS running from v100 and ultra10's to v800 and v1250 boxes we also have a large amount of x86 X2100 and X4100 boxes I am looking to purchase an external DVD-ROM drive that we can plug into the back of any of the boxes if we need to (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My output doesn't match anything...and the program is pretty simple

This is what I have: #include <stdio.h> int main (void) { int integerVar; int floatingVar; int doubleVar; int charVar; integerVar = 100; floatingVar = 331.79; doubleVar = 8.44e+11; charVar = 'W'; _Bool boolVar; boolVar = 0; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding passwd command - Pretty urgent

Can any one please help me for the following :mad: i'm searching for an alternative command in linux for passwd -as (which is in solaris) but in linux there is an option "-S" which gives the status of only one user for listing all the user i cudn't find any alternative this "passwd -as" in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Organize (pretty) code

I'm looking for terminal programs, which organize and pretty code like HTML or JavaScript. Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 AM ---------- Found this Online javascript beautifier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borobudur
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmllint pretty print, batch files

I have about 20 xml files I want to use xmllint to pretty print: xmllint --format file01.xml > pretty_file01.xml xmllint --format file02.xml > pretty_file02.xml etc Is there a way I can just use "xmllint --format" on all the current xml files so I don't have to run this command 20 times?? :( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
5 Replies
OVERCHAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       OVERCHAN(8)

NAME
overchan - update the news overview database SYNOPSIS
overchan [ -D dir ] [ -c ] [ file... ] DESCRIPTION
Overchan reads article data from files or standard input if none are specified. (A single dash in the file list means to read standard input.) It uses this information to update the news overview database. Overchan is designed to be used by InterNetNews or the C News ``mkov'' packages to update the database as the articles come in. The database for each newsgroup is stored in a file named .overview in a newsgroup directory within the overview database tree. Overchan locks the database file (by locking an auxiliary file) before appending the new data. To purge data after articles have been expired, see expireover(8). By default, overchan processes its input as an INN overview stream written as a ``WO'' entry in the newsfeeds(5) file, for example: overview:*:Tc,WO:/usr/lib/news/bin/overchan This data consists of a line of text, separated into two parts by a tab. The first part is a list of all relative pathnames where the article has been written, with a single space between entries. The second part is the data to be written into the overview file, except that the initial article number is omitted. The data in the overview files should be expired by running expireover(8). This is normally done by adding the ``expireover'' flag to the news.daily(8) invocation. OPTIONS
-c To process the output of the mkov(8) program, use the ``-c'' flag. This format is described in the ``nov'' distribution. -D The ``-D'' flag can be used to specify where the databases are stored. The default directory is /var/spool/news/over.view. HISTORY
Written by Rob Robertson <rob@violet.berkeley.edu> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.9, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
expireover(8), news.daily(8), newsfeeds(5), newsoverview(5), newsoverview(8). OVERCHAN(8)