Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install git on UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Install git on UNIX Post 303018421 by vbe on Wednesday 6th of June 2018 03:02:40 AM
Old 06-06-2018
Funny question, wget has nothing to do with installing GIT...
now we cant really reply on installation since it will depend of architecture, OS s I suppose each may have a package with their install procedure
About wget, is it because you are blocked ( in private lan, firewall ?)?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

GIT issue in AIX 6.1

Hello, I recently installed GIT 1.8.1 on my AIX 6.1 machine referring to AIX Open Source Packages | Main / git website and am facing a few issues with it. Now if I login as root and issue git commands like git --version I get the response as shown : git version 1.8.1And I have tried creating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating git clones

Hi, I'm fairly new to the git command and I'm trying to figure out how to check if your local clone is up to date with the master. I know you can do the same thing on packages with apt-get by using update and then upgrade. Is there something similar with git? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverdust
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

[Solved] Cannot install git on RHEL 6

Hi, I am trying to install git on RHEL 6. From the research I have done I should be able to just say: sudo yum install git but it is not working (it says no package git is available). I am fairly new to linux and cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help you can provide. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsabol
7 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Man git -add

I meant to type in: man git-add //no space but I typed this in instead: man git -add // space between git and -add There were all these spewing out; not quite sure what I did. I am new to unix and the terminal. Does anyone know what man git -add does and how do I undo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuDop
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Git Solaris

I need to be able to run git commands on a solaris 10 box, the git server is a Linux rh 6.9 , but I can not find much info out there on a git client for solaris 10. Is it just a pkgadd, or and install tar? or is there even any support for Solaris 10 git? My reading so far had not turned much up. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Git command

trying to add git link to my computer as root and getting error message git clone https://github.com/xxxxxxx/xxxxx.sh bash: git: command not found Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Git or PKGutil

i am running solaris 10 and they want GIt on there. The instructions that I found on line want me to use pkgutil which i don't have either. Most packages that i have installed come from the cd and are labeled SUNW... I see one instruction to add pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
4 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)