Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box Post 303018417 by snchaudhari2 on Tuesday 5th of June 2018 04:49:40 PM
Old 06-05-2018
Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins,

My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways?

The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware.
How can I get connected to same IP when I am connected to wifi ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to put 2 IPs on a single NIC

Hi ! I've just got a real IP number for my personal computer. Until now, the IP was masked (NAT'ed). Anyway, the problem is like this : I'm on a LAN with about 100 computers and I asked the admin to give me a real IP so that I can connect to my computer from my office. He gived that IP to me, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun box's NIC speed setting

Is there a way to check if my Sun box's network interface card is set to 10 or 100 Mbps? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

4. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

squid proxy: one NIC for inbound & one NIC for outbound?

I am new in squid proxy. My question is how to (and if it's necessary) to set one NIC for inbound traffic (http requests) and one NIC for outbound traffic (http answers)? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

I want to tune NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. which NIC device should I modify.

Dear All I want tune my NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. In my system I have two NIC (eth0, eth1) and I have a bond0 ( eth0, eth1). Here is the question? Which device should I modify ? eth0 and eth1? or just modify bond0 or modify all device (eth0, eth1, bond0) Any advice is welcome.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 2nd nic for different subnet

I have a Solaris 11 machine with 2 network cables attached. The first one is the default route and is working okay. I am trying to activate the second on another subnet, but am sure missing something. The first one is on 10.30.128. and with it everything works fine, but when I try to add the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 2nd nic for different subnet

posted this on the other sub-forum https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/246504-solaris-11-2nd-nic-different-subnet.html apologies if linking is not appropriate Thanks for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing single path NIC to a teamed connection in same subnet

Dear all, I have a remote CentOS7 server that has two network cards. Each card has four ports and port one of card one was defined with the IP address assigned to the server. So far, so good and it's been working for over a year. We have now got cables sorted out so there are four paths... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies
GNOME-CONTROL-CENT(1)						   User Commands					     GNOME-CONTROL-CENT(1)

NAME
gnome-control-center - Configure GNOME settings SYNOPSIS
gnome-control-center [OPTION...] [PANEL] [ARG...] DESCRIPTION
gnome-control-center is a graphical user interface to configure various aspects of GNOME. When run without arguments, the shell displays the overview, which shows all available configuration panels. The overview allows to open individual panels by clicking on them. It also has a search entry to find panels by searching keywords. It is also possible to specify a panel name as commandline argument to go directly to that panel. Individual panels may accept further arguments to specify which tab to open (for multi-tabbed panels) or which item to display (for panels with lists). Note that gnome-control-center is not meant to expose each and every setting that is available. The settings that can be found here represent what is considered useful and commonly needed options. For more exotic or uncommon options, you can look at gnome-tweak-tool or the gsettings commandline utility. PANELS
The following panel names can be specified: background The background panel lets you set your desktop background. bluetooth The bluetooth panel lets you configure your computer's Bluetooth adapter, and pair the computer with Bluetooth keyboards, phones, etc. color The color panel can calibrate monitors, web cams and printers for accurate color reproduction. datetime The datetime panel lets you set the timezone and time format. Some operations in this panel affect all user accounts on the computer and require privieges. display The display panel configures the resolution and arrangement of monitors and laptop panels. Note that monitors can be rearranged by drag-and-drop, and you can change which monitor is your main display by dragging the black bar. info The info panel shows a general overview of the system configuration. It also lets you change the default applications for various tasks and the handling of removable media. keyboard The keyboard panel can change how the keyboard reacts to key presses and lets you change keyboard shortcuts or create custom shortcuts. You can open this panel on a specific tab by passing typing or shortcuts as extra argument. mouse The mouse panel can change how mice and touchpads react to user input. network The network panel provides a view of available network devices (wired, wireless or mobile) and their current configuration. It also provides a way to create new VPN connections and configure proxy settings. You can open this panel on a specific dialog by passing create-wifi, connect-hidden-wifi, connect-3g, connect-8021x-wifi or show-device as extra argument. The last three parameters require an additional extra argument for the network object in the form /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0. notifications The notifications panel provides a way to control the display of notifications. online-accounts The online-accounts panel shows your configured online accounts and lets you add or remove accounts. power The power panel shows the fill level of batteries and can configure what happens when the computer is idle or runs out of battery. printers The printers panel shows all known printers and their status. It is possible to inspect queued print jobs and add new printers. Some operations in this panel require privileges. privacy The privacy panel allows to control visible file usage history, temporary files, and name. region The region panel contains regional settings such as the display language, formatting for times, dates, numbers, and input sources. search The search panel controls the results visible in the overview, and the files and folders to be indexed. screen The screen panel contains settings that control the screen brightness and screen lock behavior. sharing The sharing panel contains settings that control what is shared over the network. sound The sound panel shows all known sound devices and their configuration, including volume and balance settings. You can open this panel on a specific tab by passing output, input, hardware, effects or applications as extra argument. universal-access The universal-access panel contains settings for accessible technologies such as the screen reader, magnifier, screen keyboard and AccessX options. user-accounts The user-accounts panel shows all user accounts that exist on the computer and allows to change them in some ways, such as changing the user name, password or permissions. It also allows to create or remove accounts. Some operations in this panel require privileges. wacom the wacom panel shows connected Wacom graphics tablets and lets you calibrate and configure such devices. OPTIONS
-?, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints the program version and exits. -v, --verbose Enables verbose mode. -l, --list Lists the available panels and exits. -o, --overview Opens the overview. -s term, --search term Sets the following search term. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
gsettings(1) GNOME
GNOME-CONTROL-CENT(1)