Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Rsync quite slow (using very little cpu): how to improve its speed? Post 303018385 by priyadarshan on Tuesday 5th of June 2018 09:36:10 AM
Old 06-05-2018
Thanks to the advice received here, I was able to refine testing, and believe now it could be an issue with OmniOS rsync in core. I have opened a ticket on github.com (omniosorg/omnios-build/issues/820). I will report back here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

2. AIX

cpu speed

how do i determine the speed of a cpu on AIX 4.3.3 or 5.1? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find CPU Speed of HP UX

Need to find the CPU speed of HP UX for a non root login. echo "itick_per_usec/D" | adb /stand/vmunix /dev/mem | tail -1 will give the following for non root users ERROR: cannot open `/dev/mem', errno = 13, Permission denied (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surajb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep is very slow : How to improve performance

We have an egrep search in a while loop. egrep -w "$key" ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update >> ${PICKUP_DIR}/update_record_new ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update is 210 MB file In each iteration, the egrep on an average takes around 50-60 seconds to search. Ther'es nothing significant in the loop other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

speed test +20,000 file existance checks too slow

Need to make a very fast file existence checker. Passing in 20-50K num of files In the code below ${file} is a file with a listing of +20,000 files. test_speed is the script. I am commenting out the results of <time test_speed try>. The normal "test -f" is much much too slow when a system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to improve speed of text processing script

Hey together, You should know, that I'am relatively new to shell scripting, so my solution is probably a little awkward. Here is the script: #!/bin/bash live_dir=/var/lib/pokerhands/live for limit in `find $live_dir/ -type d | sed -e s#$live_dir/##`; do cat $live_dir/$limit/*... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorus
19 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 5.6 Slow rsync to NFS array

Hi All, I have RHEL 5.6 with a 70GB local directory of Web content. Images, PHP scripts etc. I need to copy all this content to an NFS array thats mounted on the RHEL server. I did a baseline cp to copy the content one week ago. Since my baseline copy the local directory has grown by 8GB.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow Perl script: how to speed up?

I had written a perl script to compare two files: new and master and get the output of the first file i.e. the first file: words that are not in the master file STRUCTURE OF THE TWO FILES The first file is a series of names ramesh sushil jonga sudesh lugdi whereas the second file (could be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script - slow process with big files

Gents, Please can u help me to improve this script to be more faster, it works perfectly but for big files take a lot time to end the job.. I see the problem is in the step (while) and in this part the script takes a lot time.. Please if you can find a best way to do will be great. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
13 Replies
shishi_tkt_proxiable_p(3)					      shishi						 shishi_tkt_proxiable_p(3)

NAME
shishi_tkt_proxiable_p - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_tkt_proxiable_p(Shishi_tkt * tkt); ARGUMENTS
Shishi_tkt * tkt input variable with ticket info. DESCRIPTION
Determine if ticket is proxiable. The PROXIABLE flag in a ticket is normally only interpreted by the ticket-granting service. It can be ignored by application servers. When set, this flag tells the ticket-granting server that it is OK to issue a new ticket (but not a ticket-granting ticket) with a different network address based on this ticket. This flag is set if requested by the client on initial authentication. By default, the client will request that it be set when requesting a ticket-granting ticket, and reset when requesting any other ticket. RETURN VALUE
Returns non-0 iff proxiable flag is set in ticket. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_tkt_proxiable_p(3)