Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status Post 303018326 by MadeInGermany on Monday 4th of June 2018 02:39:05 AM
Old 06-04-2018
I do not see a syntax error, but you should correct the shebang (1st line) to
Code:
#!/bin/bash

Maybe you are on Solaris and failing to run /bin/bash falls back to /bin/sh that does not understand $( )
There is a second problem,
> "test.log"
overwrites the file each time.
Either change to
>> "test.log"
Or move it to the "done" as follows
Code:
done > "test.log"

that is more efficient because it opens+creates the file once (when the loop starts).
Or
Code:
done >> "test.log"

That opens+appends it once.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing ssh connection from KSH script

Hi. I have a kornshell script that runs on a daily basis as a cron job. Part of what the script does is copy the folder contents from another server to the current server (server where KSH script is running). I have a scp command, as follows: scp $REMOTE_HOST:$REMOTE_FILE_DIR/* $TMP_DIR ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmilks
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection script

Hi all, I'm writing a script that chooses the best computer available in an open lab. The script works great except every now and then there is a dead computer in the lab that begins the ssh handshaking, but freezes after the following: debug1: Offering public key: When the script happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-375HK-x
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Connection drops - but does my script keep running?

Hello there. I'm fairly new to Linux, but I am connecting via SSH and PuTTY to a remote server, and I am running a fairly heavy MySQL script in a PHP page. Our connection here is dodgy to say the least and I get continuous disconnections. My question is, when I get disconnected, does my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: christatedavies
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql command after a SSH connection (Script)

Hi all, Im new at scripting and i need to run a few commands at work every hours so i decide to make a script but on 1 of the steps i have a the follwoing problem: The command i do is this: #!/bin/bash ssh root@asdasd001 'mysql -h A-db-1 -uroot -password --execute "show slave status"'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparicio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test for the ssh exit status in script?

Hello; I regularly run monitoring scripts over ssh to monitoring scripts But whenever a server is hung or in maintenance mode, my script hangs.. Are there anyways to trap exit status and be on my way ?? Looked at the ssh manpage and all I can see is a "-q" option for quiet mode .. Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script that tries to connect via SSH till connection is up

Hey, I need a script that tries to connect via SSH to a remote server and that remote server might not be up yet, so retry until succeed the error message I get if the server is not up yet is: ssh: connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 40001: Connection refused any idea of a good way to do it ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdedOvdat
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to validate multiple remote hosts connection validation.

Dear Folks, I am trying to read a config file contains ip and port numbers. i want to read each line of the config file and check ssh connection is happening or not. Kindly guide. Config file: abc@1.2.342 22 abc@1.2.343 22 abc@1.2.344 22 abc@1.2.345 22... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
9 Replies

9. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)