Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Exclude socket files from PAX backup Post 303018152 by jduehmig on Wednesday 30th of May 2018 09:18:33 AM
Old 05-30-2018
Jim,
I'm using pax because that is supported in the SMH interface and my assistant admin can better do restores with that interface. I was also told by HP support that fbackup is the old way and pax is a better approach.

I've got the 'invalid=bypass' option working and that has eliminated most of the socket file errors. But there is still a handful of "skipped socket file" entries in the log that causes the backup to show as failed. For example:
/var/tmp/.java_pid2090 : Skipped socket file.
/opt/commvault/Base64/Temp/8400 : Skipped socket file.
Any thoughts on how to deal with these?
Thanks!
Joe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude file in tar backup?

I am taking a backup of area with the following command:- tar -cf -./* |/usr/contrin/bin/gzip >xxx.tar.gz. The area contains following files :- xxxx yyyy zzzzz asdaD DASdD WQWEE I want to backup all the files except yyyy from the following area. I checked manual page of tar but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_p
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du (exclude files)

Hi, I want to get the disk usage of a directory. But I want it to ignore a particular directory within it. Lets say I want disk usage of all files/dirs within dir1 except those that are named .snapshot Does du have the option of excluding a particular directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_learner
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

4. AIX

exclude files not working

HI, I have upgraded nim master and client to TL8,SP6. Now when the mksysb backup ran from master,it is not excluding directories specified in /etc/exclude.rootvg in the client.Instead,mksysb is getting created for all the file systems in the rootvg. This problem only appeared after the TL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: to_bsr
3 Replies

5. AIX

Backup with Pax command. How to verify tape?

Dear all experts online, In my environment of AIX 5300-07, I am currently using "pax" command to backup all filesystems that I need to backup and it will take me around 4 hours time with LTO3 tape drive. When I need to verify the tape after backup, I am using "pax" command to list all files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies

6. AIX

Can a pax backup in AIX be restored into Linux?

Dear all experts, I would like to know if a pax command backup of AIX files can be restored into Linux environment run in Wintel server? Currently I have a Full database backup using "pax" command in AIX box(IBM pSeries), the new management decison of the new server is on Wintel server which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
5 Replies

7. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to exclude .NFSxxx files in clear old files batch script

I am new to Shell Scripting and need some help. The following batch job has been failing for me due to the .nfsxxx files in use. I need to know how to modify the following script to exclude the .nfsxxx files so this batch job will not fail on me. I have done lots of googling and keep coming back... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimberlyg2007
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to exclude directory from (File Systems) backup?

Hello AIX experts, I have a file system called /bossapp Its size = 77.5 GB I want to take a File Systems backup for this one using smitty, it is very easy, but the problem is I want to exclude one directory called (ORIGIN). How? The steps are very easy to take a File Systems backup,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude files in ls

Hi, I need to exlucde the files which are present in exclude.txt from a directory exlcude.txt AUZ.txt AUZ.chk NZ.txt NZ.chk tried with below code but not working ls -ltr | grep -v `cat exclude.lst` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies
smfi_opensocket(3N)													       smfi_opensocket(3N)

NAME
smfi_opensocket() - attempts to create the interface socket that MTAs use to connect to the filter SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
The contains the following parameters: rmsocket A flag that indicates whether the library must try to remove any existing UNIX domain socket before attempting to create a new socket. DESCRIPTION
The routine is used to create the socket specified previously by a call to the routine, which is the interface between Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs) and the filter. The routine allows the calling application to ensure that the socket can be created. If is not called, the routine does it implicitly. The routine is called only from program mainline before calling the routine. RETURN VALUE
Following are the possible reasons when the routine fails and returns o The interface socket is not created. o When rmsocket is true, either the socket is not examined or the socket exists and cannot be removed. o The routine is not called. AUTHOR
The routine was developed was the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_main(3N), smfi_register(3N), smfi_setconn(3N), smfi_settimeout(3N), smfi_setbacklog(3N), smfi_setdbg(3N), smfi_stop(3N). on smfi_opensocket(3N)