Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add backslash and apostrophe to string in variable. Post 303018142 by RudiC on Wednesday 30th of May 2018 04:49:33 AM
Old 05-30-2018
How about
Code:
USER_LIST_DEL=$(IFS=,; for u in $USER_LIST; do echo -n "/'$u/'",; done)

or
Code:
USER_LIST_DEL=/\'${USER_LIST//,//\',/\'}/\'

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to handle backslash in grep string

Hi , I am doing invert grep using -v but the string contain "/" which break the grep command and it do not skip the lines with "/" on it. Diffu.txt ======== 1159c1159 < <td align="right" valign="middle" class="paddingRight2px" id="featureListItemChannelButton7466"> --- > <td... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - add backslash in front of variables w/ spaces

Hello, Im writing a script that works by recursively going into directories with find. But I have some directories that have spaces in them.. so I need to parse the variables to add a backslash before the spaces. Im not exactly sure how how to do this in bash, and honestly I dont think I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl string matching problem (two backslash)

I have a few .tex files generated with html2latex. They have some extra \\ that generate error with pdflatex, so I would like to get rid of them. This perl -p -i -e s/\\\\//g myfile.tex with or without simple or double quote remove all of the backslashes, also the single ones needed by tex. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsog
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed variable and backslash

I am trying to write a bash shell script, which extracts a sentence from a dynamically created dynamic file and passes it as a variable to sed and uses that sentence as a starting point to pull the content from a log file. the key part of the script is this key=`cat /tmp/dynamic` sed -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut on last backslash on hyperlink string-sed/awk??

hyper link- abc:8081/xyz/2.5.6/rtyp-2.5.6.jar Needs to get "rtyp-2.5.6.jar" i.e character after last backslash "/" how to do this using sed/awk?? help is highly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkscm
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace apostrophe with backslash apostrophe

I'm coding using BASH and have a requirement to replace apostrophes with backslash apostrophes. For example below: I am here 'in my room' ok Would be changed to: I am here /'in my room/' ok The original text is coming from a field in a MySql database and is being used by another process that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbjock
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace backslash at the end of the string using sed command

I have text file which is a tab delimited one. Sample data from the file is shown below: unix is\ great\ os linux\ is superb I want to replace that backslash with empty string preserving the tab delimiter. Output should be unix is great os linux is ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.akhilreddy4u
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing backslash character to awk variable

Hi All. I have a file that contains some special characters and I'm trying to use AWK to search for lines between <pattern1> and <pattern2>. As an example: I need the lines between the line containing ' select_id="x_0 ' and the line containing the next instance of ' from '. This is a file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

"set variable with spaces and apostrophe after s"

Hi Guys, I have a variable such that: set x = (Session,Date,Type,Receive Coil Name,Manufacturer,Manufacturer's Model Name) foreach i ($x) echo $i end I would like to read each variable one by one like: Session Date Type Receive Coil Name Manufacturer Manufacturer's Model Name Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixits
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if string variable is a subset of another string variable

Below is my ksh shell script where I need to check if variable fileprops is a subset of $1 argument. echo "FILE PROPERTY: $fileprops" echo "PARAMETER3: $1" if ; then echo "We are Good. $line FILE is found to be INTACT !! " else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)