Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Continuous nc data acquisition fails ocassionally Post 303018063 by Peasant on Monday 28th of May 2018 09:57:12 AM
Old 05-28-2018
To avoid issues with session timeout use screen

Run a screen session, detach, return to it later (attach).
There are, of course, other alternatives and utilities, but i find screen mature, so i recommend it.

Is it a real pain to try out BSD nc variant to check if you are having same symptoms ?

To really detected what is happening one would need to tcpdump (or equivalent) and examine the generated files after, looking for suspected behavior.
I see no other way of telling what is going on, if network level is the problem of some sort.

When did the problem surfaced ?
Did it stop working in some point after working for some time or ?

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need info regarding CDP - continuous data protection

HI frnds, i am going to work on CDP(continuous data protection),does any one of them have any idea reg CDP ... any docs or Links...might be helpful to me in understanding it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous checking of a file

I have a requirement like this... I want to go to a particular server for which i have acess .I want to do a ssh to that server from one server and check if a file is theer or not..and i need the script to chcek continuosly till it finds the file.When it finds the file i want it to come out... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanta_bhakti
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data between continuous non empty xml tags

Hi, I need help in extracting only the phone numbers between the continuous non empty xml tags in unix. I searched through a lot of forum but i did not get exact result for my query. Please help Given below is the sample pipe delimited file. I have a lot of tags before and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen01234
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous Copying from a directory to another.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script, where i can check for the existing of the files in a directory and copying to another. How can i achieve it in loop for over period of time. whatever files comes into the folder copied in another without duplicate and should be continuous loop. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Continuous for loop

Hi All, Please help ***************** a=100 and run for loop that will minus 30 from 100 an will display value run loop will run till display value will be 0 ***************** Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praful Pednekar
1 Replies
XSetScreenSaver()														 XSetScreenSaver()

Name
  XSetScreenSaver - set the parameters of the screen saver.

Synopsis
  XSetScreenSaver(display, timeout, interval, prefer_blanking,
	    allow_exposures)
	Display *display;
	int timeout, interval;
	int prefer_blanking;
	int allow_exposures;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

timeout   Specifies the time of inactivity, in seconds, before the screen saver turns on.

interval  Specifies  the  interval,  in  seconds,  between  screen saver invocations.  This is for intermittent changes to the display, not
	    blanking.

prefer_blanking
	    Specifies whether to enable screen blanking.  Possible values are DontPreferBlanking, PreferBlanking, or DefaultBlanking.

allow_exposures
	    Specifies the current screen saver control values.	Possible values are DontAllowExposures, AllowExposures, or DefaultExposures.

Description
  XSetScreenSaver() sets the parameters that control the screen saver.	timeout and interval are specified in seconds.	 A  positive  timeout
  enables  the	screen	saver.	 A timeout of zero (0) disables the screen saver, while a timeout of -1 restores the default.  An interval of
  zero (0) disables the random pattern motion.	If no input from devices (keyboard, mouse, etc.) is generated for  the	specified  number  of
  timeout seconds, the screen saver is activated.

For  each screen, if blanking is preferred and the hardware supports video blanking, the screen will simply go blank.  Otherwise, if either
  exposures are allowed or the screen can be regenerated without sending exposure events to clients, the screen is tiled with the root window
  background  tile,  with a random origin, each interval seconds.  Otherwise, the state of the screen does not change.	All screen states are
  restored at the next input from a device.

If the server-dependent screen saver method supports periodic change, interval serves as a hint about how long the change period should be,
  and  a  value of zero (0) hints that no periodic change should be made.  Examples of ways to change the screen include scrambling the color
  map periodically, moving an icon image about the screen periodically, or tiling the screen with the root window background  tile,  randomly
  reoriginated periodically.

For more information on the screen saver, see Volume One, Chapter 15, Other Programming Techniques.

Errors
  BadValue  timeout < -1.

See Also
  XActivateScreenSaver(), XForceScreenSaver(), XGetScreenSaver(), XResetScreenSaver().

Xlib - Screen Saver														 XSetScreenSaver()