Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Continuous nc data acquisition fails ocassionally Post 303018052 by lanas1234 on Monday 28th of May 2018 06:04:38 AM
Old 05-28-2018
It can be a problem of the ssh session?

I mean, if I do something like

AISdecode.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#CONTINUOUS AIS DECODE TO PERIODICALLY JSON FILES
nc -ul -p 56045 -q -1 | awk -F: 'NF > 1 {print strftime("%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S"),$0;fflush();  }' > awk.txt 2>&1 &

and then execute ./AISdecode.sh &
should I have any problem when the ssh session closes?

Note that in this case I've added and fflush(); to the awk sentence, eliminated the split sentence and reidirect stderror and stdout to a file just to tests by parts and see if I can find the problem. I'm my last try without 2>&1 & it stopped with a file of 3.8 M, now I'm trying this, lets see.

Any more ideas? This should be working...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need info regarding CDP - continuous data protection

HI frnds, i am going to work on CDP(continuous data protection),does any one of them have any idea reg CDP ... any docs or Links...might be helpful to me in understanding it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous checking of a file

I have a requirement like this... I want to go to a particular server for which i have acess .I want to do a ssh to that server from one server and check if a file is theer or not..and i need the script to chcek continuosly till it finds the file.When it finds the file i want it to come out... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanta_bhakti
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data between continuous non empty xml tags

Hi, I need help in extracting only the phone numbers between the continuous non empty xml tags in unix. I searched through a lot of forum but i did not get exact result for my query. Please help Given below is the sample pipe delimited file. I have a lot of tags before and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen01234
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous Copying from a directory to another.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script, where i can check for the existing of the files in a directory and copying to another. How can i achieve it in loop for over period of time. whatever files comes into the folder copied in another without duplicate and should be continuous loop. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Continuous for loop

Hi All, Please help ***************** a=100 and run for loop that will minus 30 from 100 an will display value run loop will run till display value will be 0 ***************** Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praful Pednekar
1 Replies
APSFILTER-BUG(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  APSFILTER-BUG(1)

NAME
apsfilter-bug -- create a half-automatic bug report for apsfilter SYNOPSIS
apsfilter-bug OPTIONS
none DESCRIPTION
With the apsfilter-bug script you can automatically create a bug report for apsfilter(1). A template report file is created which you can edit with your favourite editor ( emacs(1) by default, or whatever is entered in the environment variable EDITOR ). You will see a couple of lines starting with '#'; these lines will be removed before the report is sent. So if you want to use the '#' char- acter at the beginning of a line, just indent it with a space. A very important piece of the bug report is the debugging log created by aps2file(1), probably with a command like aps2file -D -o /dev/null [-P...] [-Z...] [input] 2> log.txt Unless you don't even have a chance to create a debugging log, it is crucial for serious bug hunting. After you have filled in as much (useful) information as possible, you must save the file under its original name, then exit your editor. If you invoked apsfilter-bug by accident, or if you need some additional system information to include into the bug report, just exit your editor without saving the file. NOTES
In addition to the stuff you've edited, some more information is appended to the bug report automatically: apsfilter version 7.2.6-stable ghostscript version (from 'gs --version') system id (from 'uname -a') configure options --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-awk=/usr/bin/awk --with-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail shell executable /bin/bash awk executable /usr/bin/awk sendmail executable /usr/sbin/sendmail FILES
/usr/bin/aps2file script to create debugging output SEE ALSO
apsfilter(1), aps2file(1) BUGS
See apsfilter software center - http://www.apsfilter.org/ - for new versions, bugfixes and known bugs. Please use the new tool apsfilter-bug(1) to release bug- or problem reports. It automatically presents you a form in an editor window which asks you some standard questions. If you save and quit the editor session, then this report is sent automatically via e-mail to the proper apsfilter mailinglist. If apsfilter fails to print something or prints it in a way you wouldn't expect and you want to report an apsfilter error then please save the debugging output of one print session using the new aps2file(1) utility by typing aps2file -D -Z options file > /dev/null 2> file.debug and including the debugging output in the file file.debug into the edit session of the apsfilter-bug utility, so that it is included into the mail to the apsfilter mailinglist. Please note that you need to run /bin/sh (Bourne Shell), bash or a compatible shell, so that the above mentioned output redirection works. Under C-shell (/bin/csh) or tcsh it would't work. If you don't know, then simply make sure you use the Bournce shell by typing /bin/sh or bash, then you should have no problems with redirection of stdout and stderr (> /dev/null 2> file.debug). DOCUMENTATION
See official apsfilter homepage http://www.apsfilter.org/handbook.html Apsfilter Handbook including the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) USER FORUM
Please send questions to the official apsfilter help channel apsfilter-help@apsfilter.org. The above section BUGS and the file HOWTO-BUGREPORTS tells you how to report bugs. If you want to know how to troubleshoot your apsfilter installation, please read the manpage aps2file(1) and apsfilter-bug(1) as well as the Apsfilter Handbook carefully. HISTORY
The apsfilter-bug manpage has been written by Michael LoBin <phallobst@web.de> and first appeared in apsfilter V 7.1.0. BSD
Dec 26, 2001 BSD