Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple Python Code Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple Python Code Question Post 303018022 by SkySmart on Sunday 27th of May 2018 01:17:39 AM
Old 05-27-2018
Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

mylist = [ "hello", "you", "are", "so", "cool" ]

def printWithoutNewlines():
    for objects in mylist:
        #print(objects)
        objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi")
        print objects

When executed, it gives the following output:

Code:
## ./loop.py 
hi
you
are
so
cool

But i want it to print the output all in one line. I want to be able to decide on whether i allow it to print the items on a new line, or to print them all on one line.

In order words, the desired output should be:

Code:
## ./loop.py 
hi you are so cool

how can my code be modified to do this?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Writing simple python setup commands

Building software in most languages is a pain. Remember ant build.xml, maven2 pom files, and multi-level makefiles? Python has a simple solution for building modules, applications, and extensions called distutils. Disutils comes as part of the Python distribution so there are no other packages... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

5. Programming

Simple encryption in python

Hi, i have the below script: ###############################SimpleEncryption################################ #Simple encryption implemented in python #Author:pandeeswaran ############################################################################### def Encrypt(input): res='' ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
13 Replies

6. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
IO::Async::PID(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::Async::PID(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::PID" - event callback on exit of a child process SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::PID; use POSIX qw( WEXITSTATUS ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $kid = $loop->fork( code => sub { print "Child sleeping.. "; sleep 10; print "Child exiting "; return 20; }, ); print "Child process $kid started "; my $pid = IO::Async::PID->new( pid => $kid, on_exit => sub { my ( $self, $exitcode ) = @_; printf "Child process %d exited with status %d ", $self->pid, WEXITSTATUS($exitcode); }, ); $loop->add( $pid ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a process exits. For most use cases, a IO::Async::Process object provides more control of setting up the process, connecting filehandles to it, sending data to and receiving data from it. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_exit $exitcode Invoked when the watched process exits. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": pid => INT The process ID to watch. Must be given before the object has been added to the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. on_exit => CODE CODE reference for the "on_exit" event. Once the "on_exit" continuation has been invoked, the "IO::Async::PID" object is removed from the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. METHODS
$process_id = $pid->pid Returns the underlying process ID $pid->kill( $signal ) Sends a signal to the process AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::PID(3pm)