Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract filepath names between two strings Post 303017987 by John K on Saturday 26th of May 2018 09:48:24 AM
Old 05-26-2018
Thank You Rudic
The 2 solutions you've provided for the full-blown spec have one minor issue. The word "file" is also printed as the shown the output
But, I just need the filepath name

sed 's/^file //; s/ conflict.*$//' <filename>

and

sed 's/^file \| conflict.*$//g' <filename>

---- Output of above commands -----
Code:
file /usr/share/icons/Papirus/24x24/actions/zoom-fit-drawing.svg
file /usr/share/icons/Papirus/24x24/actions/zoom-fit-height.svg
file /usr/share/icons/Papirus/24x24/actions/zoom-fit-page.svg
file /usr/share/icons/Papirus/24x24/actions/zoom-fit-selection.svg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar: extract single file to different filepath

Hi, This is my first post here - I'm hoping I can get some help! I have searched these forums and othersand not getting anything that works. I am trying to extract a single file from a tar archive to a diffierent location than it will default to. For example my tar log shows me ... a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How extract strings (perl)

Sample data: revision001 | some text | some text Comment: some comment Brief: 1) brief 2) brief ------------------------------------------ revision002 | some text | some text Brief: 1) brief 2) brief FIX: some fix ------------------------------------------ revision003 | some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: inotech
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to extract sub-string out of file names

I have these files in a directory. It may have more class than the sample below: DEPT_CHEM101LEC_D_20110301.DAT DEPT_CHEM101LAB_D_20110301.DAT DEPT_BIO105LEC_D_20110325.DAT DEPT_BIO105LAB_D_20110325.DAT DEPT_CSC308LEC_D_20110327.DAT DEPT_CSC308LAB_D_20110327.DAT Is there way to extract out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two strings

Hi I have something like this: EXAMPLE 1 CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "STRING_1"."STRING_2" ON "BOSNI_CAB_EVENTO" ("CD_EVENTO" , "CD_EJECUCION" ) PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 5242880 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "DB1000_INDICES_512K"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispaz81
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all proper names from string with awk

I want to extract the proper names with awk from a very long string, like: õ(k): &lt;/span&gt;<br /><a something="pls/pe/person.person?i_pers_id=3694&amp;i_topic_id=2&amp;i_city_id=3372&amp;i_county_id=-1" target="_blank"><b>Gary Oldman</b></a> (George Smiley)<br /><a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyp
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract function names and directories from php files

I need a script that extracts function names from php files together with their location (path and file in which they are defined). The php files are located in several directories under a base directory. Ideally the output should be something like: "Path/FileName/FunctionName" for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamse
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract two strings from a file and create a new file with these strings

I have the following lines in a log file. It would be great if some one can help me to create a new file with the just entries in the below format. 66.150.161.195 HPSAC=Z05 66.150.161.196 HPSAC=A05 That is just extract the IP address and the string DPSAC=its value 66.150.161.195 -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract code between 2 strings.

Hi, Im having some problems with this. I have loaded a file with html code. All code is placed in the same line. I want to get everything between two given strings (including these strings and get only the first appearance). Example: File contains <html><body><a href='a.html'>abc</a><a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngb
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue when using egrep to extract strings (too many strings)

Dear all, I have a data like below (n of rows=400,000) and I want to extract the rows with certain strings. I use code below. It works if there is not too many strings for example n of strings <5000. while I have 90,000 strings to extract. If I use the egrep code below, I will get error: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from output

I am having the following output when executing a dig command : dig @1.1.1.1 google.com +noall +answer +stats ; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P1 <<>> @1.1.1.1 google.com +noall +answer +stats ; (1 server found) ;; global options: +cmd obodrm.prod.at.dmdsdp.com. 86154 IN A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
1 Replies
rsvg(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           rsvg(1)

NAME
rsvg - convert SVG files into raster images SYNOPSIS
rsvg [--dpi number] [--format png|jpeg] [--height integer] [--version] [--width integer] [--x-zoom number] [--y-zoom number] infile.svg outfile.png|outfile.jpeg DESCRIPTION
rsvg converts SVG images into PNG and JPEG raster images. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --dpi number Set the resolution of the image in pixels per inch. The default value is 90dpi. You can also use -d to specify this option. --format png | jSpecify the output format for the converted image. The default value is png. You can also use -f to specify this option. --height integerSpecify the height of the converted image. The default value is the height of the original image. You can also use -h to specify this option. --version Display rsvg version information. You can also use -v to specify this option. --width integer Specify the width of the converted image. The default value is the width of the original image. You can also use -w to specify this option. --x-zoom number X Zoom factor, as a percentage. The default value is 1.0. You can also use -x to specify this option. --y-zoom number Y Zoom factor, as a percentage. The default value is 1.0. You can also use -y to specify this option. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: infile.svg The name of the input SVG file. outfile.png The name of the converted PNG file. outfile.jpeg The name of the converted JPEG file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting an SVG Image to PNG example% rsvg myfile.svg myfile.png Example 2: Converting an SVG Image to JPEG at 300dpi Resolution example% rsvg -f jpeg -d 300 myfile.svg myfile.jpg EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/rsvg Executable to convert SVG files into raster images ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/ http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/ NOTES
Original man page written by Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com), Alex Larsson (alex@redhat.com), and others. Updated by Laszlo Peter, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 7 Sep 2004 rsvg(1)