Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need SCO 5.0.5 install media
Operating Systems SCO Need SCO 5.0.5 install media Post 303017986 by jgt on Saturday 26th of May 2018 09:31:06 AM
Old 05-26-2018
Or you can opt for a complete unused 5.0.6 media kit, complete with boot diskette.

There are many issues with 5.0.5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Searching for HP-UX 10.x Install Media

Hiya folks, The drive on my 712/80 just died and I can't seem to find my 10.20 CDs anywhere. My wife says she think she threw out the box that they were in when we moved recently. :( Sooo... What I'm looking for is someone that has upgraded to 11i (or something ) that no longer wants/needs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErikTheHAck
0 Replies

2. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

3. SCO

Need installation media for SCO 5.0.4

I need to reinstall SCO 5.0.4 onto another server as the customer does mnot want to pay for another license. Does anoine have the installation media for this? I'm willing to trade as I have every other installation CD. Let me download the 5.0.4 media from you and I'll give you any OS you want. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buffbiker23
2 Replies

4. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 Media needed

Hi, can anyone provide me the sources for sco 5.0.6 as iso? Thanks! (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: VoidCeroOne
26 Replies

5. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 Media Needed

Greetings, I've recently been given responsibility for a legacy server running SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 and upon taking inventory I discovered we have all the license documents but no installation media. Can anyone assist me with where I might download these? Thanks Kevin (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Harris
9 Replies

6. SCO

5.0.2 install media

I've inherited an openserver 5.0.2 and wanted to move it to a virtualized environment - Given the server is original hardware no one knows where any of its media is. I'm hoping someone has the installation media for 5.0.2 so I can get a clean system up and running to see what if any changes will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarKnight83
2 Replies

7. SCO

Sco media needed for openserver 5.0.6

Hello, i need if possible media for sco openserver 5.0.6 and also want to know if is possible to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.6. Best regards, Paolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elnino981
1 Replies

8. SCO

SCO 5.0.2 Installation Media

We recently started having problems with our SCO OpenServer 5.0.2 Server. I know it is VERY outdated but we are unable to move off of it yet due to an application that is still used daily. We have a new software replacement that will be implemented Q3 2016. I was looking for some installation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AOC
0 Replies

9. SCO

Need SCO 5.0.6 openserver media kit

hello everyone i need a copy of sco 5.0.6 iso for isntall a new server crash I read in a post that someone uploaded to an ftp an iso but I did not find the ftp any can helpme? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjgeddo
7 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 media needed

My media disk is unusable. Can someone provide me an ISO for Openserver 5.0.6? Thank you. Brantley Allen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brantleyallen
2 Replies
mformat(1)						      General Commands Manual							mformat(1)

NAME
mformat - mtools utility to add a DOS file system to a low-level formatted diskette SYNOPSIS
mformat [-t tracks] [-h heads] [-s vectors] [-l volumelabel] drive: OPTIONS
Specifies the number of tracks (not cylinders) on the diskette. Specifies the number of heads (sides) on the diskette. Specifies the num- ber of sectors per track. Specifies the volume label. This is an optional option. DESCRIPTION
Note You must specify the floppy disk storage device that is to be formatted. If you do not specify a device, or if a device is not found, the command may incorrectly format a SCSI device which could be a system or data disk. The mformat command adds a minimal DOS compatible file system (boot sector, FAT, and root directory) to a UNIX formatted diskette. If the diskette is unformatted, you must low-format the disk. You can do this with a PC system, or on Tru64 UNIX using either the scu utility or the fddisk utility, depending on your floppy drive. Tru64 UNIX supports both FDI and SCSI attached 3.5" floppy drives with DD, HD, or ED media. Not all floppy drives are compatible with ED media. The following track/head/sector values are supported: --------------------------------------------------------------- Media Capacity Tracks Heads Sectors type KB/MB Bytes Sectors -t -h -s --------------------------------------------------------------- DD 720KB 737280 1440 80 2 9 HD 1.44MB 1474560 2880 80 2 18 ED 2.88MB 2949120 5760 80 2 36 --------------------------------------------------------------- To format a diskette for other than the ED 2.88MB default capacity, you must specify the number of sectors per track with the -s option. No error is returned if you use mformat to put an ED file system onto an HD floppy, but you will get errors from other utilities if you try to write beyond the physical end of the media. RESTRICTIONS
The following restrictions apply: The mformat command requires a low-level format utility from UNIX. The mformat command does not detect (or record) bad block information. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. EXAMPLES
In the following example, a SCSI floppy diskette is formatted at the ED 2.88MB capacity, then a DOS file system is initialized with mfor- mat: $ /sbin/scu -f /dev/rdisk/dsk/6a format density ED $ mformat a: In the following example, an FDI floppy diskette is formatted at the HD 1.44MB capacity, then a DOS file system is initialized with mformat, a file is copied to the diskette, and the mdir command is used to check the contents of the diskette. The mlabel command is used to add a label and mdir is used to again check the diskette contents. Finally, a DD file system is placed on the diskette, mcopy is used to place a file on it, and mdir is used to verify the diskette contents: $ fddisk -fmt /dev/rfd0a NOTE: Setting interleave factor to ``-i2:4''. Use ``-i<nnn>[:<ccc>]'' option to override. Disk type: 3.50 inch, HD (1.44MB) Number of sectors per track: 18 Number of surfaces: 2 Number of cylinders: 80 Sector size: 512 interleave factor: 2:4 Formatting disk... Percentage complete: Format complete, checking... Quick check of disk passes OK. $ mformat -s 18 a: $ mcopy README a: Copying README $ mdir a: Volume in drive A has no label Directory for A:/ README 769 6-04-97 8:59a 1 File(s) 1456640 bytes free $ mlabel a: Volume in drive A is unlabeled Enter the new volume label (11 characters): hddisk $ mdir a:Volume in drive A is hddisk Directory for A:/ README 769 6-04-97 8:59a 1 File(s) 1456640 bytes free $ mformat -s 9 -l dddisk a: $ mcopy README a:README.1 $ mdir a: Volume in drive A is dddisk Directory for A:/ README 1 769 6-04-97 9:16a 1 File(s) 729088 bytes free In the following example, an unformatted 2.8Mb floppy diskette is formatted using the scu command, followed by the mformat command. Once it is formatted by both the scu and mformat commands, it is ready for use: $ /sbin/scu -f /dev/disk/floppy format density ED $ mformat -t 80 -h 2 -s 36 a: FILES
Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mlabel(1), mtools(1) Utilities: fddisk(8), scu(8) Floppy disk interface: fd(7) mformat(1)