Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - remote connectivity issues Post 303017965 by snchaudhari2 on Friday 25th of May 2018 02:13:52 PM
Old 05-25-2018
Checked for snoop data on each interface..
This User Gave Thanks to snchaudhari2 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check Oracle odbc connectivity in solaris ?

Hi, I have my application and database servers running on solaris. I need to check Db connectivity for a datasource in my Db server. Please guide me how to do it in solaris env. Aru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote CDROM issues

Good Day Everyone!! I posted this message in the Sun Forum as well. This is a desperate cry for H-E-L-P!!! I've got a remote cdrom mounted. I can see the directories on the remote cd, I can cd into the directories but I CAN'T see any of the files. I'm rot on both systems, I've got the "-o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greg69
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

4. Linux

Intermittent connectivity issues with ROCKS on a compute cluster

I have a cluster set up with a head node and compute nodes running TORQUE and MOAB. The distro is ROCKS 5.3. I've been having problems with the connectivity for the past couple weeks now. Every couple hours it seems like the network connectivity will just stop working: sometimes it'll start back up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalf85
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues in setting up remote syslogging

Hello, I am using Ubuntu Linux and having problems in setting up remote syslogging. Appreciate your help on this. On the server unix host, I have made following changes. uncommented following lines in /etc/rsyslog.conf $ModLoad imudp $UDPServerRun 514 Now i am trying to run rsyslog in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem: Solaris 10 to Windows XP Connectivity

:wall: Hello Solaris Users. Although a fundamental skill I am still new to connecting computers together in order that they can see each other, ie. via ping-ing of IP's and/or hostnames. I wish to install Oracle 10g database on Sun Blade 1500 and access this from Windows XP laptop (running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris machines connectivity issue

I have 2 Solaris machine running 2 ips in same subnet 14.140.201.17 & 14.140.201.100 and they both have same gateway 14.140.201.1. Now both machines are acessible through network but they cannot ping/connect to each other. What could be the reason ? Any help is appreciated . Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
12 Replies

8. HP-UX

Remote ssh execution and .profile issues

Greetings, i'm currently having issues in successfully executing a script from one server to other, and i'm cracking my nut in understanding why. Let's get started with the default info: Server A: briozzo@A:/home/briozzo $ uname -a HP-UX A B.11.31 U ia64 2787251109 unlimited-user license ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Network Connectivity Issues

Newbie with UNIX here. Currently troubleshooting a UNIX terminal we have. I determined it to be bad and swapped it out with a known good terminal. I went in and changed the IP address and host name to reflect the old terminal. Although now there is no connectivity. I swapped out the NIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinlord190
1 Replies
SNP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    SNP(4)

NAME
snp -- tty snoop interface SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/snoop.h> int ioctl(fd, SNPSTTY, &dev); int ioctl(fd, SNPGTTY, &dev); int ioctl(fd, FIONREAD, &result); DESCRIPTION
/dev/snp is a snoop device which allows users to attach to any tty and watch activities on it. The kernel must be compiled with device snp, or the snp module must be loaded, for these devices to be available. To associate a given snp device with a tty to be observed, open the snp device and a tty device, and then issue the SNPSTTY ioctl on snp device. The argument passed to the ioctl(2) is the address of a variable of type int, holding the file descriptor of a tty device. To detach the snp device from a tty use a pointer to a value of -1. The SNPGTTY ioctl returns information about the current tty attached to the open snp device. The FIONREAD ioctl returns a positive value equal to the number of characters in a read buffer. Special values defined are: SNP_OFLOW device overflow occurred, device detached. SNP_TTYCLOSE tty not attached. SNP_DETACH snp device has been detached by user or tty device has been closed and detached. SEE ALSO
pty(4), sio(4), kldload(8), watch(8) HISTORY
The snp device first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. In FreeBSD 8.0 the snp driver was rewritten to work with the replaced TTY subsystem. AUTHORS
The author of the current implementation is Ed Schouten <ed@FreeBSD.org>. Previous versions of snp were based on code written by Ugen J.S. Antsilevich <ugen@NetVision.net.il>. BUGS
This version of snp does not return proper error codes when calling FIONREAD. It also does not allow SNPSTTY to detach itself from the TTY. BSD
November 5, 2008 BSD