Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep values from column 2 in reference of column 1 Post 303017879 by jiam912 on Wednesday 23rd of May 2018 04:58:23 PM
Old 05-23-2018
Hi MadeInGermany.
Appreciate your support, I will try the code and let you know, many tks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check Null values in a file column by column if columns are Not NULLs

Hi All, I have a table with 10 columns. Some columns(2nd,4th,5th,7th,8th and 10th) are Not Null columns. I'll get a tab-delimited file and want to check col by col and generate seperate error code for each col eg:102 if 2nd col value is NULL and 104 if 4th col value is NULL so on... I am a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values based in common identifier in 1st column.

Hi, I have a table to be imported for R as matrix or data.frame but I first need to edit it because I've got several lines with the same identifier (1st column), so I want to sum the each column (2nd -nth) of each identifier (1st column) The input is for example, after sorted: K00001 1 1 4 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match sum of values in each column with the corresponding column value present in trailer record

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to find sum of values from column D through O present in a CSV file and check whether the sum of each Individual column matches with the value present for that corresponding column present in the trailer record. For example, let's assume for column D... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring values in the second column into single line (comma sep) for uniq value in the first column

I want to bring values in the second column into single line for uniq value in the first column. My input jvm01, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm01, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm01, Custom01 Shared Library jvm02, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm02, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm03, Web 2.0 Feature... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep for decimal values only in the second column.

Hi, I have a file in which I need to print all the lines that have decimal values in the second column. The below prints all the decimal values from the second column but I need the complete line to be printed. cat hello.out | sed 's/ */:/g' | cut -d : -f 2 | ggrep -Eo "+\.+" Can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to append suffix to column when column has duplicated values

Please help me to get required output for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 and need separate code for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 Scenario 1 i need to do below changes only when column1 is CR and column3 has duplicates rows/values. This inputfile can contain 100 of this duplicated rows of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)							 1							DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)

db2_field_width - Returns the width of the current value of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_width (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the width of the current value of the indicated column in a result set. This is the maximum width of the column for a fixed-length data type, or the actual width of the column for a variable-length data type. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the width of the specified character or binary data type column in a result set. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_width(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)