Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed read contents of file and print value another file Post 303017583 by jimmyf on Friday 18th of May 2018 11:00:23 AM
Old 05-18-2018
hm command garbled. I'm on Solarice, wonder if there is something about that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for the contents in many file and print that file using shell script

hello have a file1 H87I Y788O T347U J23U and file2 J23U U887Y I99U T556U file3 I99O J99T F557J file4 N99I T666U R55Y file5 H87I T347U file6 H77U R556Y E44T file7 Y788O K98U H8I May be using script we can use file1 to search for all the files and have the output H87I file5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file-print lines in sed

Hello! Im trying to read file contents. Then, print out every line that has "/bens/here" in the file that was read. cat /my/file.now | sed '/bens/here/p' I keep getting the error asking if I need to predeclare sed? What does predeclaring sed mean? Thanks! Ben (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read contents of the file and print

AT ---------- 0 Elapsed: 00:00:00.02 SO ---------- 0 Elapsed: 00:00:00.01 SE ---------- 0 Elapsed: 00:00:00.01 CR ---------- (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to read the contents of a file and print

Hi, Need help in writing a script to read the contents of this file test Test 00a 00b 00c 00d 00e 00f where it need to read each line to give a display such as form meta from dev 00a , config=Striped; add dev 00b:00f to meta 00a Can any one help me in writing this script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen1516
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search two strings in a file and print the contents in between to a file

I have a file called po.txt. Here is the content of the file: <!DOCTYPE PurchaseOrderMessage (View Source for full doctype...)> - <PurchaseOrder> - <Header> <MessageId>cdb3062b-685b-4cd5-9633-013186750e10</MessageId> <Timestamp>2011-08-01T13:47:23.536-04:00</Timestamp> </Header> -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: webbi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read contents in each file and rename the file?

Hello All, Can you help me in writing a script for reading the specific position data in a file and if that data found in that file that particular file should be renamed. Ex: Folder : C:\\test and Filename : CLSACK_112214.txt,CLSACK_112314.txt,CLSACK_112414.txt Contents in the file would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduedi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents of file when the file path is in a variable?

The file f1 contains the text "body" (shell prompt is "$"): $ cat ~/path/f1 body How to print contents of f1 when the f1 path is in a variable? Here is my failed attempt: $ f1="~/path/f1" $ echo $f1 ~/path/f1 $ cat $f1 cat: '~/path/f1': No such file or directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file

Like to have shell script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file with header of path+file name followed by file contents into a single output file. While reading and merging the file contents into a single file, Like to keep the format of the source file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
FS_FLUSHMOUNT(1)					       AFS Command Reference						  FS_FLUSHMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_flushmount - Forces the Cache Manager to discard a mount point SYNOPSIS
fs flushmount [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs flushm [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs flushmount command removes from the cache all information associated with each mount point named by the -path argument. The next time an application accesses the mount point, the Cache Manager fetches the most current version of it from the File Server. Data cached from the associated volume is not affected. The command's intended use is to discard information about mount points that has become corrupted in the cache. (The Cache Manager periodically refreshes cached mount points, but the only other way to discard them immediately is to reinitialize the Cache Manager by rebooting the machine.) Symptoms of a corrupted mount point included garbled output from the fs lsmount command, and failed attempts to change directory to or list the contents of a mount point. To flush cached data rather than a mount point, use the fs flush or fs flushvolume command. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each mount point to flush from the cache. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command flushes from the cache the mount point for user "pat"'s home directory: % fs flushm /afs/abc.com/usr/pat PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flush(1), fs_flushvolume(1), fs_lsmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_FLUSHMOUNT(1)