Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development What is the maximum users we can go in weblogic and Oracle? Post 303017582 by jim mcnamara on Friday 18th of May 2018 10:46:54 AM
Old 05-18-2018
Do you mean simultaneous processes from one user?
As much as the system load will tolerate. This is a matter of available memory, process slots, and I/O resources.

Do you mean different simultaneous usernames?
The comment above applies about resources, plus there is an upper limit to the number of usernames a UNIX system can have. Ex Solaris 10 allows 65000 usernames by default.

I think maybe you misunderstand. Weblogic runs as a user and creates processes that connect into oracle. So the oracle kernel has to deal with how many simultaneous users in any case. Oracle scales very well but there are limits to performance.

Guessing you are trying to do some preliminary work on setting up a weblogic server.
Anything like this requires a lot of information - number of users, kinds of transactions and so on. The list is not small.

When you ask a question, giving us the OS, system hardware configuration (memory, disk, etc) is the base requirement. I worked in a place that runs weblogic on servers that are separate from the oracle kernel, for example. We had 500-700 users online.

So in reality there is no decent answer to the questions as asked. Sorry.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of users allowed

How do i determen (what command) the max. number of users allowed Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siza
10 Replies

2. Solaris

oracle and weblogic startup

Hi All, i am facing problem after restart my Unix Box PC i should to startup oracle manual and weblogic also how yo make it start automatic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)