Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development What is the maximum users we can go in weblogic and Oracle? Post 303017582 by jim mcnamara on Friday 18th of May 2018 10:46:54 AM
Old 05-18-2018
Do you mean simultaneous processes from one user?
As much as the system load will tolerate. This is a matter of available memory, process slots, and I/O resources.

Do you mean different simultaneous usernames?
The comment above applies about resources, plus there is an upper limit to the number of usernames a UNIX system can have. Ex Solaris 10 allows 65000 usernames by default.

I think maybe you misunderstand. Weblogic runs as a user and creates processes that connect into oracle. So the oracle kernel has to deal with how many simultaneous users in any case. Oracle scales very well but there are limits to performance.

Guessing you are trying to do some preliminary work on setting up a weblogic server.
Anything like this requires a lot of information - number of users, kinds of transactions and so on. The list is not small.

When you ask a question, giving us the OS, system hardware configuration (memory, disk, etc) is the base requirement. I worked in a place that runs weblogic on servers that are separate from the oracle kernel, for example. We had 500-700 users online.

So in reality there is no decent answer to the questions as asked. Sorry.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of users allowed

How do i determen (what command) the max. number of users allowed Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siza
10 Replies

2. Solaris

oracle and weblogic startup

Hi All, i am facing problem after restart my Unix Box PC i should to startup oracle manual and weblogic also how yo make it start automatic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies
aio_max_ops(5)							File Formats Manual						    aio_max_ops(5)

NAME
aio_max_ops - maximum number of POSIX async I/O operations that can be queued at any time VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values The minimum value allowed is The maximum value allowed is The value is further constrained in that it must be greater than or equal to Specify a positive integer value. DESCRIPTION
This parameter places a limit on the system resources that can be consumed if large numbers of POSIX asynchronous I/O operations are queued on the system at the same time. This parameter limits the ability of competing processes to overwhelm the system with large numbers of asynchronous I/O operations and the memory they require. Each enqueued asynchronous operation requires allocation of system memory for its internal control structure, thus making this limit neces- sary. In addition to the system-wide limit, there is a per-process limit that is controlled using the argument to and calls. limits the number of operations that can be contained in a single call from a given process, and the value of must be sufficient to meet the reasonable needs of all processes that are making simultaneous or nearly simultaneous calls without jeopardizing overall system bal- ance. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators that run applications requiring heavy usage of POSIX AIO to file systems. Restrictions on Changing This tunable is dynamic (tuning will take effect immediately on the running system). What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time as This One? The value assigned to must be greater than or equal to WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), sam(1M), gettune(2), settune(2), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), aio(5), aio_listio_max(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters aio_max_ops(5)