Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change 10th column formatting. Post 303017520 by shekhar_4_u on Thursday 17th of May 2018 01:41:41 AM
Old 05-17-2018
Thanks @Scrutinizer ..it works. Apologies for not posting correct format earlier.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 10th column with a new column--- Terriblly hurry

Hi Can any one tell me how to replace the 10th column in a file(comma delimted) with a new file with a single column. Can any one Help me out of the please as soon as possible as i am in a terribley hurry!!!!!! Many THanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change one column using sed??

Is there way to use sed to change only one occurence in a colon separated line? I would like to change a file from *:*:rex:rex *:*:simon:rex to *:*:rex:mabry *:*:simon:rex (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexmabry
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change names in a column based on the symbols in another column

If the 4th column has - sign then the names in 3rd column has to change to some user defined names (as shown in output). Thanx input1 1 a aaaaa + 2 b bbbbb + 3 c ccccc + 4 d ddddd + 5 e eeeee + 6 f xxxxx + 8 h hhhhh +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
8 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Replace string in unix from 10th column onwards

Hi All, I need to replace the last 19 bytes of the following string My_Org_Testing_20090102_231124.txt (Text_Date_Time.txt). I would like to derive the current time using "date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S.txt" and replace the last 19 bytes of the above string I would appreciate if someone could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpk2008
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Formatting)new Column adding

Hi guys i have a variable called hostname which contains hostname of my machine. How would i add the hostname to output of other command . For eg. if a output of command is . command : xm list How would i add hostname column to it. My output should look like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change value in a column

Hello! Please could anyone help me in writing a code to modify the value in column two of a file with more than two tab-separated column (but the lines may have a different number of columns, i.e. more or less columns), according to the following conditions. When the value of column two is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content 4 column to one Column using script

Hi Gurus, I have file content sample: ,5113955056,,TAgent-Suspend ,5119418233,,TAgent-Suspend ,5102119078,,TAgent-Suspend filenames 120229H5_suspend, 120229H6_unsuspend I receive those files one of directory /home/temp/ I need following: 1. Backup first /home/temp/ file to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed: change the color of a column w/o screwing up column spacing

Hey folks. I wrote a little awk script that summarizes /proc/net/dev info and then pipes it to the nix column command to set up column spacing appropriately. Here's some example output: Iface RxMBytes RxPackets RxErrs RxDrop TxMBytes TxPackets TxErrs TxDrop bond0 9 83830... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryran
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change column to row base on column 2

Hi Guys, Input.txt L194 A -118.2 L194 B -115.1 L194 C -118.7 L196 A 0 L196 C 0 L197 A -111.2 L197 B -118.9 L197 C -119.9 L199 A -120.4 L199 B -119.9 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the 10th column?

how to replace the 10th colum? Each line begins similarly, but they all ends variously. Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5,Col6,Col7,Col8,Col9,Col10,Col11,Col12,Col13,Col14,Col15,Col16,Col17 2015/03/14 15:00:04,2015/03/14 15:00:04,0,Server05,Omega-God,Beta_G,101011247,1,1,24,7,0,,339083645,1,1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
9 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)