Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep values from column 2 in reference of column 1 Post 303017505 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 16th of May 2018 05:05:56 PM
Old 05-16-2018
By boosting your awk code I get this all-in-one
Code:
awk '
  function range_to_out() {
    out=(out sep (start == last ? start : (start "-" last)))
  }
  function print_out() {
    printf "%s  %s\n", p1, out
  }
  NR == 1 { start=last=$2; p1=$1; next } 
  {
    if ($2 == last+1) { last=$2 } else {
      range_to_out(); sep=","; start=last=$2
    }
  }
  $1 != p1 || length(out) > 50 { print_out(); sep=out=""; p1=$1 }
  END { range_to_out(); print_out() }
' file

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check Null values in a file column by column if columns are Not NULLs

Hi All, I have a table with 10 columns. Some columns(2nd,4th,5th,7th,8th and 10th) are Not Null columns. I'll get a tab-delimited file and want to check col by col and generate seperate error code for each col eg:102 if 2nd col value is NULL and 104 if 4th col value is NULL so on... I am a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values based in common identifier in 1st column.

Hi, I have a table to be imported for R as matrix or data.frame but I first need to edit it because I've got several lines with the same identifier (1st column), so I want to sum the each column (2nd -nth) of each identifier (1st column) The input is for example, after sorted: K00001 1 1 4 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match sum of values in each column with the corresponding column value present in trailer record

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to find sum of values from column D through O present in a CSV file and check whether the sum of each Individual column matches with the value present for that corresponding column present in the trailer record. For example, let's assume for column D... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring values in the second column into single line (comma sep) for uniq value in the first column

I want to bring values in the second column into single line for uniq value in the first column. My input jvm01, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm01, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm01, Custom01 Shared Library jvm02, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm02, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm03, Web 2.0 Feature... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep for decimal values only in the second column.

Hi, I have a file in which I need to print all the lines that have decimal values in the second column. The below prints all the decimal values from the second column but I need the complete line to be printed. cat hello.out | sed 's/ */:/g' | cut -d : -f 2 | ggrep -Eo "+\.+" Can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to append suffix to column when column has duplicated values

Please help me to get required output for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 and need separate code for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 Scenario 1 i need to do below changes only when column1 is CR and column3 has duplicates rows/values. This inputfile can contain 100 of this duplicated rows of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
STRTOK(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 STRTOK(3)

NAME
strtok, strtok_r -- string tokens LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> char * strtok(char *restrict str, const char *restrict sep); char * strtok_r(char *restrict str, const char *restrict sep, char **restrict lasts); DESCRIPTION
This interface is obsoleted by strsep(3). The strtok() function is used to isolate sequential tokens in a null-terminated string, str. These tokens are separated in the string by at least one of the characters in sep. The first time that strtok() is called, str should be specified; subsequent calls, wishing to obtain further tokens from the same string, should pass a null pointer instead. The separator string, sep, must be supplied each time, and may change between calls. The implementation will behave as if no library function calls strtok(). The strtok_r() function is a reentrant version of strtok(). The context pointer last must be provided on each call. The strtok_r() function may also be used to nest two parsing loops within one another, as long as separate context pointers are used. The strtok() and strtok_r() functions return a pointer to the beginning of each subsequent token in the string, after replacing the token itself with a NUL character. When no more tokens remain, a null pointer is returned. EXAMPLES
The following uses strtok_r() to parse two strings using separate contexts: char test[80], blah[80]; char *sep = "\/:;=-"; char *word, *phrase, *brkt, *brkb; strcpy(test, "This;is.a:test:of=the/string\tokenizer-function."); for (word = strtok_r(test, sep, &brkt); word; word = strtok_r(NULL, sep, &brkt)) { strcpy(blah, "blah:blat:blab:blag"); for (phrase = strtok_r(blah, sep, &brkb); phrase; phrase = strtok_r(NULL, sep, &brkb)) { printf("So far we're at %s:%s ", word, phrase); } } SEE ALSO
memchr(3), strchr(3), strcspn(3), strpbrk(3), strrchr(3), strsep(3), strspn(3), strstr(3), wcstok(3) STANDARDS
The strtok() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). AUTHORS
Wes Peters, Softweyr LLC: <wes@softweyr.com> Based on the FreeBSD 3.0 implementation. BUGS
The System V strtok(), if handed a string containing only delimiter characters, will not alter the next starting point, so that a call to strtok() with a different (or empty) delimiter string may return a non-NULL value. Since this implementation always alters the next starting point, such a sequence of calls would always return NULL. BSD
November 27, 1998 BSD