Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to quickly substitute pattern within certain range of a huge file? Post 303017422 by yifangt on Tuesday 15th of May 2018 05:02:05 PM
Old 05-15-2018
Thanks!
Quote:
ANY approach will have to copy >300GB, even if only 18 lines are to be modified, which will take its time.
--- This is one of what I wanted to confirm. I tried vim, but had pain to open and close >300GB file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solution for this quickly. please quickly.

Write a nawk script that will produce the following report: ***FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT*** ***CAMPAIGN 2004 CONTRIBUTIONS*** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAME PHONE Jan | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.palakj.shah
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern range

Hi guys, trying to replace a '#' with a ' ' (space) but only between the brackets '(' and ')' N="text1#text2#text3(var1#var2#var3)" N=`echo $N |sed '/(/,/) s/#. //'` echo $N Looking for an output of "text1#text2#text3(var1 var2 var3)" Any ideas? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikepegg
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine lines within range of pattern

I've a file say having line 1 line 2 (NP line 3 line 4 line 5) line 6 I want to combine lines starting from (NP and ending with ) then it will look like line 1 line 2 (NP line3 line4 line5) line 6 I tried using sed '/(NP/,/)$/ s/\n/ /' but it's not working. Any help please? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: neg
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing tmp file too quickly?

Still trying to get the basics down and I would like a different solution to what I'm currently doing and a better understanding of why it's happening. I've written a simple backup script that tars individual directories and then dumps them to a NFS drive. STDERR is being dumped into a process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandelbrot333
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matchin Huge File

Hi Experts, I've issue with the huge file. My requirement is I need to search a pattern between the 155-156 position and if its match's to 31 or 36 then need to route that to a new separate files. The main file has around 1459328 line and 2 GB in size. I tired with the below code which take... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pattern range to a new file

Hi Everyone! I really appreciate all of your help, I'm learning so much, can't wait until I get good enough to start answering questions! I have a problem ... from one large file, I'd like to create multiple new files for each pattern block beginning with /^ISA/ ending with /^IEA/ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a huge 7 GB File Based on Pattern into 4 files

Hi, I have a Huge 7 GB file which has around 1 million records, i want to split this file into 4 files to contain around 250k messages each. Please help me as Split command cannot work here as it might miss tags.. Format of the file is as below <!--###### ###### START-->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KishM
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Range Pattern and 2 lines before Start Pattern

Hi all, I have been searching all over Google but I am unable to find a solution for a particular result that I am trying to achieve. Consider the following input: 1 2 3 4 5 B4Srt1--Variable-0000 B4Srt2--Variable-1111 Srt 6 7 8 9 10 End (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: y2jacky
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract range from config file matching pattern

I have config file like this: server_name xx opt1 opt2 opt3 suboptions1 #suboptions - disabled suboptions2 pattern suboptions3 server_name yy opt1 opt2 opt3 suboptions1 pattern #suboptions - disabled suboptions2 So basically I want to extract the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)