Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Let your iMac/MBP detect a burglar whilst idle... Post 303017413 by wisecracker on Tuesday 15th of May 2018 02:19:22 PM
Old 05-15-2018
I forgot to mention one important part:
Change this line from echo 'set theFilePath to "/Users/amiga/Desktop/Spy.mov"
to echo 'set theFilePath to "/Users/your_user_name/Desktop/Spy.mov" ...
And away you go...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we install Unix in PC or imac?

I'm a beginner in Unix OS. I really want to know what kind of hardware I need in order to install the Unix OS.(I know Linx can be installed in both Mac & PC, but not Unix) Thanks to let me ask such question here. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mutsu
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Just Got A New iMAC G5 !!!

Hi! I just got a new iMAC G5 (20") and I love it!!!! Amazon dropped the price $200, and there was also a $150 rebate, making it around $1325, so I could not resist anymore Finally!!!! Neo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep causing long delay (batching) whilst piping

Hi all. I have a problem at work which I have managed to break down into a simple test scenario: I have written a monitoring script that outputs every second the status of various processes, but for now, lets just print the date input.sh: while true do date sleep 1 done This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spudtheimpaler
9 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

New iMac purported graphic issues

A really silly thing I did about a year ago (probably after one beer too many) was upgrading my perfectly stable Windows XP Pro to Windows Vista. Vista is really getting on my nerves, so I was in Media Markt the other week looking to see if they had Windows 7 Ultimatum in stock. As I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insertion New line whilst reading the text file

Hi, For the text file let us say t.txt having the statements as below. filename : t.txt. Contents : This is first string1 This is first string2 This is first string3 The output of the file should have newline. How to introduce the new line so that the output be as follows ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

A program crashed my iMac so bad that it could not start up.

Hi, Solid as a rock or ... Is it possible for a program to damage an iMac (Snow Leopard) so bad that it cannot start up again, and need to be repaired? I am asking about this, because this seems to have occurred two days ago, when I was running a popular game program. When I closed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASL123
6 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

BuDop's mbp:~ budop$ changes to dhcp-v062-202:~ budop$...not quite why?

the name on my terminal changed from BuDop's MBP:~ budop$ to dhcp-v06:~ budop$ after I set up a local server using nodejs. This was was I did prior to the change: I installed a middleware framework for node 1. npm install connect 2. created a server file called server.js 3. ran... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuDop
12 Replies
Acme::POE::Knee(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Acme::POE::Knee(3pm)

NAME
Acme::POE::Knee - Time sliced pony race using the POE kernel. REQUIREMENTS
Acme::POE::Knee requires the POE module to run. You can get that as well from CPAN or look at poe.sourceforge.net SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; # Use POEny! use Acme::POE::Knee; # Every Acme::POE::Knee race will require a set of arguments. # There are defaults but it's just more fun to set these # yourselves. We set a distance the ponies must run and of course # we name our race ponies! You'll have to specify the maximum # delay a pony can have before reaching the next stage. # The lower the delay, the higher the chances are the pony will # win the race. my $pony = new Acme::POE::Knee ( dist => 20, ponies => { 'dngor' => 5, 'Abigail' => 5.2, 'Co-Kane' => 5.4, 'MJD' => 5.6, 'acme' => 5.8, }, ); # start the race $pony->race( ); exit; QUICK LINKS
Please see the samples directory in POE's distribution for several well-commented sample and tutorial programs. Please see <http://www.perl.com/pub/2001/01/poe.html> for an excellent, and more importantly: gradual, introduction to POE. DESCRIPTION
POE::Knee is an acronym of "Pony". We all like ponies. And wouldn't we love to race ponies? Well, that's what Acme::POE::Knee is for! It's great for those friday afternoons at the office, where you wonder who will pay the beer tab. Whoever 'wins' the race, loses! You specify a distance the ponies must run, and a maximum delay before the pony will reach the next step. So, the bigger the delay, the bigger the distance between multiple ponies can be. Of course this wouldn't be any fun if we couldn't name the ponies ourselves. Here, we simply put all our race ponies in an array reference and the Acme::POE::Knee module will take care of the rest. USING Acme::POE::Knee Using Acme::POE::Knee is really easy. This simple progam would already suffice: use strict; use Acme::POE::Knee; my $pony = new Acme::POE::Knee; $pony->race(); exit; This will use the defaults of the POE::Knee module, but you can of course specify your own arguments, as shown in the synopsis. The Use of Acme::POE::Knee Use, yes... Usefull? Probably not. This was written in responce to a rather persistant meme on #perl (you know who you are!). Basicly, we all wanted ponies. Well folks, here it is. It's source might be interesting to look at for newcomers to POE to see how this time slicing works. Learning more about POE The POE Mailing List POE has a mailing list at perl.org. You can receive subscription information by sending e-mail: To: poe-help@perl.org Subject: (anything will do) The message body is ignored. All forms of feedback are welcome. The POE Web Site POE has a web site where the latest development snapshot, along with the Changes file and other stuff may be found: <http://poe.perl.org/> SourceForge POE's development has moved to SourceForge as an experiment in project management. You can reach POE's project summary page at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/poe/>. Author Jos Boumans Jos Boumans is <kane_at_cpan.org>. POE::Knee is his brainchild. Rocco Caputo Rocco Caputo is <troc+poe@netrus.net>. POE itself is his creation. COPYRIGHT Copyright (c) 2001, Jos Boumans. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the terms of the Perl Artistic License (see http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html) Except where otherwise noted, POE is Copyright 1998-2001 Rocco Caputo. All rights reserved. POE is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2009-07-21 Acme::POE::Knee(3pm)