Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing a control file loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a control file loop Post 303017292 by The Gamemaster on Saturday 12th of May 2018 07:35:02 PM
Old 05-12-2018
Can anyone just answer my first question?

Quote:
In my main script, after I get the operating system of the machine I'm executing the script on and assigning it to variable $OPER_SYS, the script will read this control file. For every line with the value of $OPER_SYS, I want the command on the last column be executed.
I'll just find a solution regarding special characters somehow. Hopefully someone can help me out, I really need to finish this script this week.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending control c in the loop

I want to go through the list of items and run it. while running it, some of them will have either >there is no response # and then end it... so that it can go to next item OR >there is response # but in order to break out of it, u need to do Control c. How do you send control... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command in while loop - how to get control when no files found?

I have the following statement in script: find ${LANDING_FILE_DIR}${BTIME_FILENAME_PATTERN2} -print | while read file; do ... done When there are no files located by the find comand it returns: "find: bad status-- /home/rnitcher/test/....." to the command line How do I get control in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop control

Hi, I have taken a piece of code from a book, which is working as per the specification. The code.... for entry in * do if then echo $entry fi done The sub-directories present in the current directory will be displayed while executing. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control Not Coming Out Of While Loop

I have an empty .gz file in archival directory. And I am redirecting to a dat file. My while loop is not getting ended. I need the solution. cnt=0 while read line do cnt=`expr $cnt + 1` echo "$ARCH_DIR/$line.gz" >> $DATA_DIR/$FILE_LIST_FILE_FEB FILE_NAMES=${FILE_NAMES}"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodh1978
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop exit control

Hi I would like to exit the loop below on <Enter> even if it sleeps. Is it possible? while true do my_procedure; sleep 60 done Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and control params in parsing file

Hello, I would like to control and check the right parameters $1 must have 4 alphabetics digits among eora qora pora fora $2 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 11 $3 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 59 $4 must have 10 characters alpha numerics as 2013-02-26 For example : In case 5) if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and control params in parsing file

Hello, I would like to control and check the right parameters $1 must have 4 alphabetics digits among eora qora pora fora $2 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 11 $3 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 59 $4 must have 10 characters alpha numerics as 2013-02-26 For example : In case 5) if i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log file and print latest number in loop

Hello All, I have an awk script which parses my log file and prints number grepping from a specific line/pattern, now i have to come with a shell script to continue reading the log untill the job is completed, which i would know while reading session log untill process encounters a final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
APC_EXISTS(3)								 1							     APC_EXISTS(3)

apc_exists - Checks if APC key exists

SYNOPSIS
mixed apc_exists (mixed $keys) DESCRIPTION
Checks if one or more APC keys exist. PARAMETERS
o $keys - A string, or an array of strings, that contain keys. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the key exists, otherwise FALSE Or if an array was passed to $keys, then an array is returned that contains all existing keys, or an empty array if none exist. EXAMPLES
Example #1 apc_exists(3) example <?php $fruit = 'apple'; $veggie = 'carrot'; apc_store('foo', $fruit); apc_store('bar', $veggie); if (apc_exists('foo')) { echo "Foo exists: "; echo apc_fetch('foo'); } else { echo "Foo does not exist"; } echo PHP_EOL; if (apc_exists('baz')) { echo "Baz exists."; } else { echo "Baz does not exist"; } echo PHP_EOL; $ret = apc_exists(array('foo', 'donotexist', 'bar')); var_dump($ret); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Foo exists: apple Baz does not exist array(2) { ["foo"]=> bool(true) ["bar"]=> bool(true) } SEE ALSO
apc_cache_info(3), apc_fetch(3). PHP Documentation Group APC_EXISTS(3)