Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional Vlookup
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional Vlookup Post 303017266 by RudiC on Saturday 12th of May 2018 03:03:09 AM
Old 05-12-2018
Would
Code:
awk 'NR == FNR {REP[$1,$4] = $2; next} ($1,$4) in REP  {$2 = REP[$1,$4]; CNT++} 1; END {print CNT}' OFS="\t" file2 file1

do what you need?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

VLOOKUP utility in UNIX

Kindly help me to build the script similar to VLOOKUP function of MS Excell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hjoshi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

vlookup files

hi frnds i have 2 files. 1st is dddd and 2nd is ssss ==> dddd <==: 1,charit 2,gilhotra ==> ssss <==: 1,sajan 2,doda 3,hello and i want o/p ...mean join and vlookup both files sajan,charit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk

Hello, I am trying to use vlookup (Excel function) using awk but there is some problem :( --file1-- ABC123 101F X1 A $P=Z X2 A $P=X X3 B $P=F X4 C $P=G MNK180 END --file2-- X1 A_t $P=Z X2 A_t $P=X X3 B_u $P=F X4 C_o $P=G (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: young
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Vlookup

I am developing shell script on Linux OS and I have two files.Data in each file is like : File1 : A B C E F G X Y Z File 2: A C 12 E G 22 X Z 41 I need if first and third column entries ( $1 & $3) of File1 in same row matches with first & second column... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneet17
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for vlookup function

Hello experts, I have large text files that need to be arranged using a function like excel's vlookup. I have been playing with awk command but didn't really come up with a solution. Could anyone please help me out? Below are my datasets and expected output. Any help would be greatly... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: makelifeeasier
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk

Hi folks, awk 'NR==FNR {m=$0; next} $1 in m{$0=m} {print}' file2 file1 Works a charm for a vlookup type query, sourced from https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/215998-vlookup-using-awk.html However my column content has white spaces and numbers. Example file1 The Man... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshields1984
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup in Linux

Hello Everybody I am looking for vlookup like functionality in Linux since two files I have are very big(1000MB each) and its not opening completely in excel. Here the requirement file1 11,12,13 16,14,12 28,21,22 22,23,24 file 3 18,16,16 14,12,12 23,22,24 16,11,13 here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup and remove line

Ignore list test_1* test_2 test_5 Source file i need to remove test_1_buddy i need to remove test_1_buddy2 i need to remove test_1 i need to keep_test_10 i need to keep_test_11 i need to remove test_5 i need to remove test_2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup on 2 files - inserting vlookup command on another command

Hello, i am trying to print group name column(etc/group) on script (etc/passwd) since group name is not listed on etc/passwd columns. Im trying to do a vlookup. but i cant figure out how i can insert the vlookup command FNR==NR inside the print out command or the output. I also tried exporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup not using awk

Hi I just want again to ask for help on what command to use to vlookup f1 group name in "/etc/group" matching f3 of it to "/etc/passwd" f4. I do need to display group name in the output of /etc/passwd without using awk or NR==FNR command. thank you while IFS=: read -r f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
4 Replies
shishi_ap_rep_der(3)						      shishi						      shishi_ap_rep_der(3)

NAME
shishi_ap_rep_der - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_ap_rep_der(Shishi_ap * ap, char ** out, size_t * outlen); ARGUMENTS
Shishi_ap * ap structure that holds information about AP exchange char ** out output array with newly allocated DER encoding of AP-REP. size_t * outlen length of output array with DER encoding of AP-REP. DESCRIPTION
Build AP-REP using shishi_ap_rep_build() and DER encode it. out is allocated by this function, and it is the responsibility of caller to deallocate it. RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK iff successful. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_ap_rep_der(3)