Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Xdm error 2817 SunOS 4.1.4 OpenWindows Post 303017238 by goodbyespy on Friday 11th of May 2018 09:09:04 AM
Old 05-11-2018
Xdm error 2817 SunOS 4.1.4 OpenWindows

Hi members!
I have installed SunOS 4.1.4 under QEMU.
I would like to use it with xdm. I launch xdm and get login window.
But when I have inputed user name and password,
XDM exited with the message:
"error (334): Unknown session exit code 2817 from process 342"
I have checked:
pid 334 is the parent process of XDM;
pid 342 is the child XDM ( 334 ->342).
------------
Also I have found a link in the internet with this issue,
but a link is down.
------------
Please, help me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing CDE and openwindows

Hi, I have searched the internet and this site and cannot find a way to remove CDE from a sparc Solaris 8 machine. I could run pkgrm on the individual CDE packages but would like to know if there is a more efficient way. 2.5.1 seemed to have had an uninstall script that 8 does not. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

3. Solaris

configuring xdm on s10\open solaris

can someone hlpe me to use a X display manger to oepnsolaris I'm using 79a & have setup XMING on a windows client On the Solaris box I notice that XDM is not running, which i assume is essential for xming\client. I've read somewhere that to enable XDM i need to run gdmconfig so i've # xhost+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenWindows shelltool full size...

Hi, I would like to change the size of the shelltool window when the full size is selected, by clicking on the top of the window. The issue is... I have a monitor that cannot do 1152x900 resolution format. The monitor can only do 1152x870. Also the frame buffer cannot do any other resolution.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
0 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
0 Replies

7. Solaris

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot error with SunOS 5.6 Help!

Hello, We have a SunOS 5.6 system that works as a Real Time Interface to make work an engraving machine. Today we started the computer and showed the next message: Boot device: disk:a File and args: SunOS Release 5.6 Version Generic_105181-39 Copyright (c) 1983-2003, Sun Microsystems,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgb_flexaprint
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS 4.1.4 with OpenWindows 3

Hi guys, Just wondering how I can get OpenWindows 3 window manager. I installed SunOS 4.1.4 on Qemu and when I type Openwin, I will get a purpleish interface, which I am not fond of. I'd like to have the following look and feel... OpenWindows 3 - SunOS 4.1.4 Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

What does ?xdm? under the IDLE column mean?

I'd appreciate an explanation of the ?xdm? listing under the IDLE column (see below) after I ran the 'w' command in BASH. I recently used 'umask 0022' but reset it to 'umask 0000' I can't think this would have caused the ?xdm?, but as a total novice, I'd like some help. USER TTY FROM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hal_v_1937
1 Replies
PCNTL_WAITPID(3)							 1							  PCNTL_WAITPID(3)

pcntl_waitpid - Waits on or returns the status of a forked child

SYNOPSIS
int pcntl_waitpid (int $pid, int &$status, [int $options]) DESCRIPTION
Suspends execution of the current process until a child as specified by the $pid argument has exited, or until a signal is delivered whose action is to terminate the current process or to call a signal handling function. If a child as requested by $pid has already exited by the time of the call (a so-called "zombie" process), the function returns immedi- ately. Any system resources used by the child are freed. Please see your system's waitpid(2) man page for specific details as to how wait- pid works on your system. PARAMETERS
o $pid - The value of $pid can be one of the following: possible values for $pid +-----+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | |< -1 | | | | | | | wait for any child process whose process group | | | ID is equal to the absolute value of $pid. | | | | | | | | -1 | | | | | | | wait for any child process; this is the same be- | | | haviour that the wait function exhibits. | | | | | | | | 0 | | | | | | | wait for any child process whose process group | | | ID is equal to that of the calling process. | | | | | | | |> 0 | | | | | | | wait for the child whose process ID is equal to | | | the value of $pid. | | | | +-----+---------------------------------------------------+ Note Specifying -1 as the $pid is equivalent to the functionality pcntl_wait(3) provides (minus $options). o $status -pcntl_waitpid(3) will store status information in the $status parameter which can be evaluated using the following functions: pcntl_wifexited(3), pcntl_wifstopped(3), pcntl_wifsignaled(3), pcntl_wexitstatus(3), pcntl_wtermsig(3) and pcntl_wstopsig(3). o $options - The value of $options is the value of zero or more of the following two global constants OR'ed together: possible values for $options +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | WNOHANG | | | | | | | return immediately if no child has exited. | | | | | | | |WUNTRACED | | | | | | | return for children which are stopped, and whose | | | status has not been reported. | | | | +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
pcntl_waitpid(3) returns the process ID of the child which exited, -1 on error or zero if WNOHANG was used and no child was available SEE ALSO
pcntl_fork(3), pcntl_signal(3), pcntl_wifexited(3), pcntl_wifstopped(3), pcntl_wifsignaled(3), pcntl_wexitstatus(3), pcntl_wtermsig(3), pcntl_wstopsig(3). PHP Documentation Group PCNTL_WAITPID(3)