Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Code to get unique values
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Code to get unique values Post 303017157 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 10th of May 2018 06:26:06 AM
Old 05-10-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextStep
Hello Ravinder,
That code worked, much thanks. Pasting the output below.
Code:
 zgrep -B1 "Failed to calculate US Tax" logFile  | zgrep "CartService" |awk 'match($0,/UA:MP:[a-zA-Z]+[0-9]+/) && !a[substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)]++{print substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}'
UA:MP:HR722540
UA:MP:EG359458

Could you please explain the logic you have used above.
Hello nextStep,

Following is the explanation may help you on same.

Code:
awk '
match($0,/UA:MP:[a-zA-Z]+[0-9]+/) && !a[substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)]++{  ##Using match utility of awk to match REGEX UA:MP: alphabets till all occurrences then till all digits all occurrences AND(condition) to check if array a should NOT have index of substring of RSTART and RLENGTH variables then print substring of that line whose starting point is value of RSTART and final points RLENGTH.
   print substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)                                     ##Printing the substring whose value starts from RSTART to RLENGTH values.
}'  Input_file                                                                      ##Mentioning Input_file name here.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrieve unique values

Hi all, I have a 10.txt file. In this file 2 words are present by name Active and Inactive and these words are repeated 7000 times. I want to take the unique 2 words from this 7000 lines. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Unique values in a file

Hi, I have a file like this: Some_String_Here 123 123 123 321 321 321 3432 3221 557 886 321 321 I would like to find only the unique values in the files and get the following output: Some_String_Here 123 321 3432 3221 557 886 I am trying to get this done using awk. Can someone please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique values from a Terabyte File

Hi, I have been dealing with a files only a few gigs until now and was able to get out by using the sort utility. But now, I have a terabyte file which I want to filter out unique values from. I have a server having 8 processor and 16GB RAM with a 5 TB hdd. Is it worthwhile trying to use... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
6 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Fetching unique values from file

After giving grep -A4 "feature 1," <file name> I have extracted the following text feature 1, subfeat 2, type 1, subtype 5, dump '30352f30312f323030392031313a33303a3337'H -- "05/01/2009 11:30:37" -- -- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivi707
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Unique Values from file

Hello all, I have a file with following sample data 2009-08-26 05:32:01.65 spid5 Process ID 86:214 owns resources that are blocking processes on Scheduler 0. 2009-08-26 05:32:01.65 spid5 Process ID 86:214 owns resources that are blocking processes on Scheduler 0. 2009-08-26... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count Unique Values from a file.

Hi I have the following info in a file - <Cell id="25D"/> <Cell id="26A"/> <Cell id="26B"/> <Cell id="26C"/> <Cell id="27A"/> <Cell id="27B"/> <Cell id="27C"/> <Cell id="28A"/> I would like to know how would you go about counting all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prega
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating unique strings values

Hi, Im looking for a script which will calculate the unique strings column 2 & 3 values in a log as mentioned in example eg:- bag 12 12 bag 18 15 bags 15 13 bags 15 14 blazer 24 24 blazer 33 32 boots 19 15 Result should be:- bag 30 27 bags 30 27... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique entry add values

Hi, I have a file with 3 columns ABC 3 1 ABC 5 1 XYZ 4 2 DEF 3 2 DEF 4 1 DEF 6 1 MNO 5 5 JKL 3 2 JKL 4 2 PQR 12 1 For each unique entry in column 1 I want to add values in column 2 and column3 o/p ABC 8 2 XYZ 4 2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print count of unique values

Hello experts, I am converting a number into its binary output as : read n echo "obase=2;$n" | bc I wish to count the maximum continuous occurrences of the digit 1. Example : 1. The binary equivalent of 5 = 101. Hence the output must be 1. 2. The binary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
3 Replies
QRENCODE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QRENCODE(1)

NAME
qrencode - Encode input data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. SYNOPSIS
qrencode [OPTION]... [STRING] DESCRIPTION
Libqrencode is a library for encoding data in a QR Code symbol, a kind of 2D symbology that can be scanned by handy terminals such as a mobile phone with CCD. The capacity of QR Code is up to 7000 digits or 4000 characters, and has high robustness. Qrencode is a utility software using libqrencode to encode string data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. OPTIONS
-h, --help display help message. -o FILENAME, --output=FILENAME write image to FILENAME. If '-' is specified, the result will be output to standard output. If -S is given, structured symbols are written to FILENAME-01.png, FILENAME-02.png, ... (suffix is removed from FILENAME, if specified) -s NUMBER, --size=NUMBER specify the size of dot (pixel). (default=3) -l {LMQH}, --level={LMQH} specify error collectin level from L (lowest) to H (highest). (default=L) -v NUMBER, --symversion=NUMBER specify the version of the symbol. (default=auto) -m NUMBER, --margin=NUMBER specify the width of margin. (default=4) -d NUMBER, --dpi=NUMBER specify the DPI of the generated PNG. (default=72) -t {PNG,EPS,ANSI,ANSI256}, --type={PNG,EPS,ANSI,ANSI256} specify the type of the generated image. (default=PNG) -S, --structured make structured symbols. Version must be specified. -k, --kanji assume that the input text contains kanji (shift-jis). -c, --casesensitive encode lower-case alphabet characters in 8-bit mode. (default) -i, --ignorecase ignore case distinctions and use only upper-case characters. -8, --8bit encode entire data in 8-bit mode. -k, -c and -i will be ignored. -M, --micro encode in a Micro QR Code. (experimental) -V, --version display the version number and copyrights of the qrencode. [STRING] input data. If it is not specified, data will be taken from standard input. EXAMPLES
qrencode -l L -v 1 -o output.png 'Hello, world!' encode into a symbol version 1, level L. qrencode -iSv 1 --output=output.png read standard input and encode it into a structured-appended symbols in case-insensitive mode. AUTHOR
Written by Kentaro Fukuchi. RESOURCES
Main Web Site: http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/ Source code repository: https://github.com/fukuchi/libqrencode/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Kentaro Fukuchi. qrencode 3.3.0 Feb. 29, 2012 QRENCODE(1)