Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to check and throw error for multiplication result Post 303017090 by RudiC on Wednesday 9th of May 2018 03:44:34 AM
Old 05-09-2018
It IS absolutely correct, as "a" * "c" + 2 is less than "e".
You might want to exclude the header line?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiplication shows syntax error

my shell script is simple arithmetic process.my addtion,substract and divide all can be worked only except multiplication.please help me.the shell is following: #!/usr/bin/sh echo "enter a number1:" read number1 echo "enter an operator:" read operator echo "enter a number2:" read number2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonicstage
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

throw a generic message upon error

hi all, in ksh, is there a way to throw a generic error message. i have lots of commands in my script and i didnt want to put if ; then doStuff(); else print "an error occured, please run script again"; fi around all the commands used. is there a way detect a command has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk multiplication

Suppose i have a file A 1*2*3*4 2*4*4*22 and second file B 2*3*4*5 4*4*6*7 By multiplying file A by file B that is file A by first column in file B respectively output shud be 2*6*12*20 8*16*24*154 my code is =$1 next } {for (f=1;f<=NF;f++) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if a file is empty throw an error

I want to count the number of lines in a file and store it in a variable if this count is zero i hv to throw an error ...is this syntax correct , but i am not getting the desired result I am not using -s option here as i am concerned about record count not the size #!/bin/ksh set $count1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

program for multiplication in shell script

Hi, I wanted to write a schell program that fetches the values from a file and prints the output as its onerall multiplication. for example I have a file named abc. it has values 2, 3, 4 now my program should give me 2*3*4 ie 24. note:this file abc can have any numbers. so experts,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.krish
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Command in the script throw error

Hi I have script that is developed to serch for 30 days old Directory & Files and then remove them ... when i run it successfully removes the Directory & files & but it throw errors on the screen .. .. + find . -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} ; + exit please help me ?? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with "multiplication table" in shell script

#!/bin/sh echo Enter the multiplication number required: read number for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do echo "$number * $i = expr $number \* $i" done I am not getting the output for this multiplication table. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodpaw
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search line with more than two dots if so throw error

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to search a script and find names that conatins more than two dots, if so then throw error. For ex: a1.b1.comname here i have to find comname and check two dots. it will not throw error a1.b1.c1.comname here it contains more than 2dots it will throw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swagat123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplication of a column from 2 files using awk

Hi, I have two files (file1.txt, file2.txt) in which, I would like to multiply all the values in file1 with the first row value of file2, file1 * second row value of file2, file1 * third row value of file2 and so on. Below are my sample data. file1.txt file2.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Percentage / Multiplication in Shell Script

Hello, I am trying to compute the percentage in a script as shown below: PerCover=`echo "scale=2 ; 100 \* ($InputCover/$Total)" | bc` However the PerCover value is blank/null. What do I need to do differently? Thanks for your input! ~Guss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies
GIT-LS-FILES(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-LS-FILES(1)

NAME
git-ls-files - Show information about files in the index and the working tree SYNOPSIS
git ls-files [-z] [-t] [-v] (--[cached|deleted|others|ignored|stage|unmerged|killed|modified])* (-[c|d|o|i|s|u|k|m])* [-x <pattern>|--exclude=<pattern>] [-X <file>|--exclude-from=<file>] [--exclude-per-directory=<file>] [--exclude-standard] [--error-unmatch] [--with-tree=<tree-ish>] [--full-name] [--abbrev] [--] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
This merges the file listing in the directory cache index with the actual working directory list, and shows different combinations of the two. One or more of the options below may be used to determine the files shown: OPTIONS
-c, --cached Show cached files in the output (default) -d, --deleted Show deleted files in the output -m, --modified Show modified files in the output -o, --others Show other (i.e. untracked) files in the output -i, --ignored Show only ignored files in the output. When showing files in the index, print only those matched by an exclude pattern. When showing "other" files, show only those matched by an exclude pattern. -s, --stage Show staged contents' object name, mode bits and stage number in the output. --directory If a whole directory is classified as "other", show just its name (with a trailing slash) and not its whole contents. --no-empty-directory Do not list empty directories. Has no effect without --directory. -u, --unmerged Show unmerged files in the output (forces --stage) -k, --killed Show files on the filesystem that need to be removed due to file/directory conflicts for checkout-index to succeed. -z line termination on output. -x <pattern>, --exclude=<pattern> Skip untracked files matching pattern. Note that pattern is a shell wildcard pattern. See EXCLUDE PATTERNS below for more information. -X <file>, --exclude-from=<file> Read exclude patterns from <file>; 1 per line. --exclude-per-directory=<file> Read additional exclude patterns that apply only to the directory and its subdirectories in <file>. --exclude-standard Add the standard Git exclusions: .git/info/exclude, .gitignore in each directory, and the user's global exclusion file. --error-unmatch If any <file> does not appear in the index, treat this as an error (return 1). --with-tree=<tree-ish> When using --error-unmatch to expand the user supplied <file> (i.e. path pattern) arguments to paths, pretend that paths which were removed in the index since the named <tree-ish> are still present. Using this option with -s or -u options does not make any sense. -t This feature is semi-deprecated. For scripting purpose, git-status(1) --porcelain and git-diff-files(1) --name-status are almost always superior alternatives, and users should look at git-status(1) --short or git-diff(1) --name-status for more user-friendly alternatives. This option identifies the file status with the following tags (followed by a space) at the start of each line: H cached S skip-worktree M unmerged R removed/deleted C modified/changed K to be killed ? other -v Similar to -t, but use lowercase letters for files that are marked as assume unchanged (see git-update-index(1)). --full-name When run from a subdirectory, the command usually outputs paths relative to the current directory. This option forces paths to be output relative to the project top directory. --abbrev[=<n>] Instead of showing the full 40-byte hexadecimal object lines, show only a partial prefix. Non default number of digits can be specified with --abbrev=<n>. --debug After each line that describes a file, add more data about its cache entry. This is intended to show as much information as possible for manual inspection; the exact format may change at any time. -- Do not interpret any more arguments as options. <file> Files to show. If no files are given all files which match the other specified criteria are shown. OUTPUT
git ls-files just outputs the filenames unless --stage is specified in which case it outputs: [<tag> ]<mode> <object> <stage> <file> git ls-files --unmerged and git ls-files --stage can be used to examine detailed information on unmerged paths. For an unmerged path, instead of recording a single mode/SHA-1 pair, the index records up to three such pairs; one from tree O in stage 1, A in stage 2, and B in stage 3. This information can be used by the user (or the porcelain) to see what should eventually be recorded at the path. (see git-read-tree(1) for more information on state) When -z option is not used, TAB, LF, and backslash characters in pathnames are represented as , , and \, respectively. EXCLUDE PATTERNS
git ls-files can use a list of "exclude patterns" when traversing the directory tree and finding files to show when the flags --others or --ignored are specified. gitignore(5) specifies the format of exclude patterns. These exclude patterns come from these places, in order: 1. The command line flag --exclude=<pattern> specifies a single pattern. Patterns are ordered in the same order they appear in the command line. 2. The command line flag --exclude-from=<file> specifies a file containing a list of patterns. Patterns are ordered in the same order they appear in the file. 3. The command line flag --exclude-per-directory=<name> specifies a name of the file in each directory git ls-files examines, normally .gitignore. Files in deeper directories take precedence. Patterns are ordered in the same order they appear in the files. A pattern specified on the command line with --exclude or read from the file specified with --exclude-from is relative to the top of the directory tree. A pattern read from a file specified by --exclude-per-directory is relative to the directory that the pattern file appears in. SEE ALSO
git-read-tree(1), gitignore(5) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-LS-FILES(1)