Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Application Memory usage Post 303017032 by ron5174 on Tuesday 8th of May 2018 09:05:54 AM
Old 05-08-2018
Linux Application Memory usage

Hi Don-

In the existing boxes , we are running short of memory and the we have same applications running for multiple countries . we decided ,to remove few applications from the existing boxes and going forward the boxes will be country specfic i.e one box will have only one country applications .

Thanks
Ron T

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Linux memory usage

What's the best way to find out how much memory is being used/available? I tried using free, but I didn't quite understand the output. Can someone explain it? $ free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 16304536 16256376 48160 0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: junkmail426
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory Usage on Linux server

Hi , As I am new to Linux server, I am facing some doubts like: On linux server virtual memory usage goes to 99%, but I have Threshold limit of 95%. So it crossed the threshold limit and alarmd. Yesterday I moniterd the server using TOP command, and found some of Tibco process was consuming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jaywantmm
1 Replies

4. Linux

Memory Usage on Linux server

Hi , As I am new to Linux server, I am facing some doubts like: On linux server virtual memory usage goes to 99%, but I have Threshold limit of 95%. So it crossed the threshold limit and alarmd. Yesterday I moniterd the server using TOP command, and found some of Tibco process was consuming... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaywantmm
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux memory buffers & cache usage

18:45:47 # free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 96679 95909 770 0 1530 19550 -/+ buffers/cache: 74828 21851 Swap: 12287 652 11635 Hi all. The below output is from a RHEL 4.5... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drummerrob
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to force memory usage with an application under Mono?

I'm running CentOS 5.5 and Mono 2.10 on a VPS in which I have root access too. I have a large java app that is set to use no more than 3GB of ram where I have 4GB of ram in total. I have another app that has to use Mono but it ends up using up all the physical ram and running into the swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seriosbrad
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage(Physical) in one Word? Suse Linux.

Experts, I have been trying to figure out what is the total physical memory used from this output: And what is the free memory available for the application or any programs. The answer has to be in this format: 1. Physical Memory Used= xx.xx% 2. Physical Memry available= yy.yy% ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Swap memory usage is high in Linux

Hi , There is one following alert . Message : cdm:Average (2 samples) swap memory usage is now 91%, which is above the warning threshold (90%) Here is my findings. Output of TOP command in Linux server. top - 14:21:44 up 6 days, 4:48, 1 user, load average: 2.55, 2.06,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
3 Replies
tpm_setoperatorauth(8)					      System Manager's Manual					    tpm_setoperatorauth(8)

TPM Management - tpm_setoperatorauth

NAME
tpm_setoperatorauth - sets the operator authorization value in the TPM SYNOPSIS
tpm_setoperatorauth [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
tpm_setoperatorauth allows setting the operator authorization value in the TPM (via the TPM_SetOperatorAuth API). This operation prompts for the new password and a confirmation of it. The --well-known option tells the API to use the default TSS_WELL_KNOWN_SECRET (a 20-bytes array of zeros) as operator authorization information, instead of prompting for one. -h, --help Display command usage info. -v, --version Display command version info. -l, --log [none|error|info|debug] Set logging level. -u, --unicode Use TSS UNICODE encoding for passwords to comply with applications using TSS popup boxes -z, --well-known Use the default TSS_WELL_KNOWN_SECRET 20-bytes array of zeros as the operator password. -p, --op_password_unicode Use TSS UNICODE encoding for new operator password to comply with applications using TSS popup boxes SEE ALSO
tpm_version(1), tpm_takeownership(8), tcsd(8) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <trousers-users@lists.sourceforge.net> TPM Management 2007-10-22 tpm_setoperatorauth(8)