Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Change text color from echo command? Post 303016969 by jim mcnamara on Monday 7th of May 2018 08:32:50 AM
Old 05-07-2018
FWIW - I think you linux probably has GNU awk (may be called gawk) which supports
Code:
printf("%s\n",toupper( $0))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - how to echo something in color and bold

Hi all, I was to echo Hi in Red and Bold ; and echo There is in Green and bold I got bold to working using tput bold but i am having hard time getting the color. Any help is appreciated, jak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using echo command for text starting with /

Hi, i need to print following text using echo: /abc dir/c\ so i tried echo "/abc dir/c\ But it gives me error of Incorrect usage, i am using Hamilton cshell in windows Vista. Can any one please help me. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bashrc/PS1 command color different color to command output

I have been configuring my .bashrc PS1 to be displayed with some nice colors and in a format that I like, however there is one thing that I cannot figure out (or know if it's even possible). my PS1 line is as follows: export PS1='\\u\@\\h\:\\w\n\\$ \'This makes the command and command output... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

give some color to a word on echo output

Hi Supposed this text output: How can I show $HOSTNAME in other color than blank? :-) KSH on AIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color on echo output does not work

Hi, When I run: echo "\033I see hi in color, but if I run this color is not shown, why? (echo "\033Thanks Israel. ---------- Post updated at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:43 AM ---------- DONE!! I had to run more -v. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change text color in postscript file

Hi everyone, I have a program that produces postscript files on the fly The color of the files produced are in black and white I want to change the text color of postscript file as the file is being produced without having to manually go into the ps file and change it myself. Any Ideas?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: walforum
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change color when doing echo in tcsh?

Is it possible to change the color when doing an echo? Example, having the following command print in dark blue. echo "Hello" ---------- Post updated at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:25 AM ---------- Just figured out how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change text color in Korn shell to highlight Error

Hi this is my first post, so forgive me if what I'm requesting doesn't make sense. I'm connecting into a Unix server via SSH and using a Korn Shell (#!/bin/ksh). The Unix server has Oracle 11g installed on it and there are a number of scripts already setup to query the Oracle database to perform... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeithJ
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)