Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Hadoop directories delete older than a month Post 303016923 by vbe on Sunday 6th of May 2018 09:01:35 AM
Old 05-06-2018
bdittmar gave you the "standard" way to proceed in such case, only if what I see is what I think in your copy/paste of command result, I understand you cannot use the timestamp, is that so?
In which case its more based on the directory name itself, which seems to me quite easy:
Ever thought of using it it as an integer,?
Use the highest value and substract 70 ( a quick guess...) giving the reference value: anything smaller be a candidate for removal...

My 2 cents

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting older directories

how can we delete directories older than 6 months (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

Command for delete the directories which are older than 7 days

Hi, My requirement is need to delete the directories (Including files also) which are older than 7 days. So I used below command in one script (script takes 2 input parameters) #$1 - Path of the directory from where we have to delete the directories.# #$2 - Number of days older... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhar sivakot
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping files older than one month

I have to zip all files older than a month within a directory. I have to archive them using the file extension I have .dat, .csv ,.cnt files within the directory. I used the following command It doesnt work find /path/*.dat -mtime +30 This command doesnot display .dat files older than a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Find files older than 30 days in directories and delete them

Hi, I have dummies questions: My script here can find the files in any directories older than 30 days then it will delete the files but not the directories. I would like to also be able to delete the directories that hold old files more than 30 days not just the files itself. find . -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories older than 5 days

Hello, Motive: Search all directories which are older than 5 days. Example: consider following directory structure: abc/dir1 abc/dir1/dir abc/dir2 abc/dir3 abc/dir3/temp Suppose dir1 and dir3 are 5 days older. Then I am looking for a command which lists abc/dir1 and abic/dir3 only so that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytempid07
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file older than one month not by x days olds

Hi, I would like to ask about some question on the -mtime option in the find command. I want to move a log files older than one month and planning to used the find -mtime +30 but i have some clarrification does -mtime +30 or -30 refer to x days beyond or between so how about the month. suppose... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting month older

I need month older lines from a file file 1 666 2013-08-23 04:24:11 33 543 2013-06-11 18:04:20 33 413 2013-06-20 1:40:54 1 776 2013-08-20 18:04:21 .0 877 2013-08-21 05:50:04 I'm checking older lines... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compress the directories which is older than 7 days?

Hi all, how to compress the directories which is older 7 days. If any one knows please help me this is urgent. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshpagadala
3 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)