Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris While creating Zone cluster getting error Post 303016688 by Peasant on Wednesday 2nd of May 2018 10:19:00 AM
Old 05-02-2018
While doing clrt register, please try to provide a -Z flag.
Code:
clrt register SUNW.HAStoragePlus -Z oxyZC

A since zone cluster runs it's own cluster stack, you will need to register a resource inside it.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Cluster for Oracle on Soalris Zone

Hi, Does anyone has idea how to implement Veritas Cluster Server 5.3 (SF 5.3) for Oracle 10g on Solaris Zone (Containers). Please let me know any of you folks have worked on similar implementation and if you could pass on some information related to it. BR, Shreeram Rane (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shreeram Rane
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Applying Recommended Patch Cluster to Whole Root Zone

Hi there, Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but I've not been able to find the thread. Question: Is it possible to apply the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster to a whole root (non-global) zone locally? I.E. apply the patch cluster from the non-global in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm146332
3 Replies

4. Solaris

High Availability zone on Sun Cluster

HI Experts, Could some one help me in configuring high availability zone on Sun Cluster Reg: Sudhan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Help needed for patching on zone cluster

Hi All, Below is the configuration of my sun cluster. root@glob-one # clzc status === Zone Clusters === --- Zone Cluster Status --- Name Node Name Zone HostName Status Zone Status ---- --------- ------------- ------ ----------- data ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindphanse604
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Zone Cluster Question

I have a question about losing a node in a zone cluster. Hopefully I can explain enough for someone to answer. Let's say I have a zone cluster spread over 3 physical nodes. If Node1 crashes, would I be correct in assuming I would lose all zones on Node1? If I lost Node1 below, would I lose... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasonJ
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
scdscreate(1HA) 					       Sun Cluster Commands						   scdscreate(1HA)

NAME
scdscreate - create a Sun Cluster resource type template SYNOPSIS
scdscreate -V vendor_id -T resource_type_name -a [-s] [-n RT_version] [-d working_directory] [-k | -g] DESCRIPTION
The scdscreate command creates a template for making an application highly available (HA) or scalable. This command enables you to create C-, Generic Data Service (GDS)-, or Korn shell-based templates for both network aware (client-server model) and non-network aware (client- less) applications. You can create the template in one of two fundamentally different ways: GDS scdscreate creates a set of three driving scripts that work from a single resource type SUNW.gds, which is pre- installed on the cluster. These scripts are named startRT_Name, stopRT_Name, and removeRT_Name and starts, stops, and removes an instance of that application. In this model, the implementation of the SUNW.gds resource type that is pre-installed on the cluster is immutable. Generated Source Code scdscreate creates a template for a Sun Cluster resource type, whose instantiations run under the control of the Resource Group Manager (RGM) to make the given application highly available and scalable. Either model can create templates for network aware (client-server model) and non-network aware (client-less) applications. scdscreate creates a directory of the form $vendor_id$resource_type_name under working_directory. This directory contains the driving scripts, or the generated source, binary, and package files for the resource type. scdscreate also creates a configuration file, rtconfig, in which you can store configuration information for the resource type. scdscreate allows you to create only one resource type per direc- tory. You must create different resource types in different directories. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a This parameter specifies that the resource type that is being created is not network aware. scdscreate disables all the networking related code in the template that is created. -n RT_version This optional parameter specifies the version of the generated resource's type. If you omit this parameter, and you're creating a C- or Korn shell-based application, the text string 1.0 is used by default. If you omit this parameter, and you're creating a GDS-based application, the RT_version string of the GDS is used by default. The RT_version distinguishes between multiple registered versions, or upgrades, of the same base resource type. You cannot include the following characters in RT_version: blank, tab, slash (/), backslash (), asterisk (*), question mark (?), comma (,), semicolon (;), left square bracket ([), or right square bracket (]). -d working_directory Creates the template for the resource type in a directory other than the current directory. If you omit this argument, scdscreate creates the template in the current directory. -g This optional parameter generates the GDS-based form of the template to make an application highly available or scalable. -k This optional parameter generates source code in Korn shell command syntax rather than in C. See ksh(1). -s This optional parameter indicates that the resource type is scalable. You can configure an instance (resource) of a scalable resource type into a failover resource group, and hence, turn off the scalability feature. If you omit this argument, scdscreate creates the template for a failover resource type. -T resource_type_name The resource type name and resource type version, in conjunction with the vendor ID, uniquely identifies the resource type that is being created. -V vendor_id The vendor ID is typically the stock symbol, or some other identifier of the vendor that is creating the resource type. scdscreate affixes the vendor ID, followed by a period (.) to the beginning of the resource type name. This syntax ensures that the resource type name remains unique if more than one vendor uses the same resource type name. EXIT STATUS
0 The command completed successfully. nonzero An error occurred. FILES
working_directory/rtconfig Contains information from the previous session and facilitates the quit and restart feature of scdscre- ate. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), scdsbuilder(1HA), scdsconfig(1HA), attributes(5), rt_properties(5) Sun Cluster Data Services Developer's Guide for Solaris OS Sun Cluster 3.2 26 May 2004 scdscreate(1HA)