Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of expr to calc differenc ein to epoch values Post 303016682 by RudiC on Wednesday 2nd of May 2018 07:32:28 AM
Old 05-02-2018
Show the (representatively curtailed) contents of /tmp/longrunmon.out.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differenc between print and echo

can anyone explain me what is the difference between echo and print in shell programming? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandhar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differenc between ps -ef and top

First of all i really thankful to all those people who have created this site. unix.com rocks man!! I am bit confused about the two commands which are 'top' and 'ps -ef'.:confused: My requirement is that i want to monitor the CPU usage of Operating system and if the CPU usage is more than 90%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

test expr VS [ expr ]

What is the difference between test expr VS . For example : if test 5 -eq 6 echo "Wrong" and if echo "Wrong" bot will give the same output as Wrong. Now, what is the difference between these two? though they are producing the same result why we need two? Any answer will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calc max of a column

In C that was easy with a for and if. Iam trying to learn a litle more in bash. Example Ronaldo:5800 Figo:4000 Rafael:2321 Kaka:1230 I want the max of the $2 and the output will be: The max value is 5800 from Ronaldo. How can i do this in shell? Thanks for all, folks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafazz
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date calc

Hi, I need subtract two date values (which are in day of the year format) and the output would give the remaining days. using the command date +"%j" i would get today's 'day of the year' i.e., > date +"%j" 256 Next, i need to take input of a previous date in the format 09/05/2012 and then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
4 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)