Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of expr to calc differenc ein to epoch values Post 303016670 by RudiC on Wednesday 2nd of May 2018 02:19:26 AM
Old 05-02-2018
It frequently helps to run a shell script with the -x option which immediately had shown the problem.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differenc between print and echo

can anyone explain me what is the difference between echo and print in shell programming? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandhar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differenc between ps -ef and top

First of all i really thankful to all those people who have created this site. unix.com rocks man!! I am bit confused about the two commands which are 'top' and 'ps -ef'.:confused: My requirement is that i want to monitor the CPU usage of Operating system and if the CPU usage is more than 90%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

test expr VS [ expr ]

What is the difference between test expr VS . For example : if test 5 -eq 6 echo "Wrong" and if echo "Wrong" bot will give the same output as Wrong. Now, what is the difference between these two? though they are producing the same result why we need two? Any answer will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calc max of a column

In C that was easy with a for and if. Iam trying to learn a litle more in bash. Example Ronaldo:5800 Figo:4000 Rafael:2321 Kaka:1230 I want the max of the $2 and the output will be: The max value is 5800 from Ronaldo. How can i do this in shell? Thanks for all, folks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafazz
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date calc

Hi, I need subtract two date values (which are in day of the year format) and the output would give the remaining days. using the command date +"%j" i would get today's 'day of the year' i.e., > date +"%j" 256 Next, i need to take input of a previous date in the format 09/05/2012 and then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)